Turkish cuisine consists of fragrant dips, freshly baked breads and meats marinated to perfection and should not be confused with a turkey’s cuisine, which is pretty much just buckwheat, clover weeds and bugs. Hone in on the tastier homonym with today’s Groupon for Mengen Sofrasi Turkish Kitchen, Glebe:
$39 for a three-course Turkish dining experience for two people
(total value up to $104.50)
- Turkish bread with dips and mezzes: Hummus - chickpea, tahini, garlic, cumin and lemon – ($9 value)
- Babaganoush - smoked eggplant dip with garlic yogurt and herbs ($8 value)
- Havuc Tarator - carrot cooked with olive oil, strained yoghurt and garlic ($7.50 value)
- Haydari - strained yoghurt, garlic, dry mint and olive oil ($7.50 value)
- Mucver - fried zucchini fritters with carrot, dill, shallots and feta cheese ($9 value)
- Kuzu Kaburga - marinated lamb ribs with garlic sauce ($13.50 value)
- Half-metre of traditional pide to share (up to $15 value)
- Bottle of Golden Dove Cabernet Sauvignon or Jacks Creek Chardonnay (up to $25 value)
- Two traditional rice puddings (up to $10 value)
$78 for a three-course Turkish dining experience for four people
(total value up to $209)
$117 for a three-course Turkish dining experience for six people
(total value up to $313.50)
Groupies satiate their cravings for Mediterranean morsels with a three-course Turkish dining experience for two, four or six people. The meal begins with fresh Turkish bread served with a selection of dips and mezzes including hummus, fried zucchini fritters and marinated lamb ribs. After the appetisers get peeps all riled up, a half-metre of pide to share between each couple is next up. The pide is available in a wide selection of flavours including eggplant, diced lamb and Turkish pastrami. A traditional rice pudding finishes the feast on a sweet note. Parched peeps wash their victuals down with a bottle of either Golden Dove Cabernet Sauvignon or Jacks Creek Chardonnay for each pair.
Mengen Sofrasi Turkish Kitchen
Drawing the inspiration for their fresh and fragrant fare from Turkey’s diverse regions and cultures, Mengen Sofrasi Turkish Kitchen offers traditional dishes with a contemporary twist that appeals to modern palates.
The sprawling restaurant is stylishly appointed with traditional Turkish decorations and knickknacks, while belly dancers shake their stuff on select nights to entertain their clientele with the Mediterranean’s most beloved school of movement. The restaurant also provides takeaway and home delivery services for hungry homebodies.
I recommend this place because it has something different, the atmosphere and the food are different compared to any turkish restaurant all over the city.
– adamjacardi, Urban Spoon, June 2013
107 Glebe Point Road Glebe NSW 2037Get Directions