Lakes Entrance, VIC: From $139 for a Cottage Getaway with Wine at Kickback Cottages
- Experience the spectacular scenery of the Gippsland Lakes
- All cottages have recently been renovated and refurbished with comfort in mind
- A complimentary starter pack of tea, coffee, sugar and milk lets guests enjoy a cuppa straight after arriving
- Car parking is available outside each cottage
- The site includes welcoming BBQ facilities and a kids room
- View the impressive stretch of sand that is Ninety Mile Beach
- Stroll over the famous footbridge
- Hire a paddle boat and hit the closest lake
- Take a scenic cruise through local waterways, keeping eyes peeled for dolphins and bird life
- Join a fishing charter for the chance to bring home dinner
- $139 for a two-night stay for two people in a one-bedroom cottage ($265 value)
- $189 for a two-night stay for four people in a two-bedroom cottage ($365 value)
- Wine on arrival
- Late checkout (11am)
- Deal is for 2 or 4 people
- Blackout periods:
- Not valid on long weekends or public holidays including Melbourne Cup
- Optional/Additional Costs:
- Additional guest $25.00 per night per guest, including children
- Weekend surcharge: $40 when booking for Friday and Saturday night stays
- 1 bedroom cottage has 1 queen bed, not 2 single beds
- Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
- Can travel to: 30 Nov 2013
- Must book by 15 Sep 2013
- Phone to book: 03 5155 1998
- Or email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State name, contact number, email address, preferred dates of stay and Groupon voucher/security codes
- Groupon voucher must be presented upon check-in
Home to a beach that stretches as far as the eye can see, a series of huge intertwining lakes and a rare species of bottlenose dolphin, Lakes Entrance might seem at first an almost mythical destination but the scores of holidaymakers who return time and time again will vouch for its spectacular existence.
Like its name suggests, Lakes Entrance is situated at the picturesque point where the large bodies of water spill into the sea, offering a veritable bounty of water-based activities both adrenalin-pumping and soul-soothing for vacations that leave a lasting imprint on the memory.
Sail into holiday mode with today’s Groupon for: Kickback Cottages
Just a few minutes’ walk from the town centre, Kickback Cottages is lucky to count both the beach and lakes as its stylish neighbours. Available in one or two-bedroom options, the cottages have recently been fitted with brand new kitchens and bathrooms, ready for guests to slip into relaxation. Groupies in parties of two or four settle in the comfortable lounge rooms or put kitchens straight to use by whipping up a snack.
For cosy nights in, a DVD library is available on-site to watch on the cottage’s HD TV, while a starter pack of tea and coffee ingredients gives that “just like home” vibe. On arrival adult travellers indulge in complimentary wine, and are later also treated to a late 11am checkout on their last day. The property itself boasts sunny decked areas to dive into a great book, a BBQ and entertainment hub for socialising and a dedicated area for the kiddos.
Not surprisingly, many of the activities on offer around Lakes Entrance focus on taking full advantage of the water, with surfing, swimming and jet skiing all ensuring hours of splashy fun. For those who would rather stay above the ripples, simply hop on a boat and choose your adventure. Whether it’s a fishing charter, eco-tour through the lakes or winery lunch cruise, all kinds of holiday makers will be impressed by the gorgeous natural scenery, hidden inlets and grassy islands.
Budding marine biologists should keep an eye out for the recently-discovered Burrunan dolphins, with 50 out of the overall population of just 150 known specimens residing in the lakes. Landlubbers pop their walking shoes on for a sashay down the main esplanade, over the famous footbridge and across to the sprawling Ninety Mile Beach, or instead pop into a café for a cuppa before browsing artisan wares in kitsch boutiques.
This cottage has been refurbished and has all you could ask for for simple accommodation at a great price. Fully self contained kitchen, tv, DVD. All clean and great location to shops and beach
– Missmanny, Trip Advisor, Nov 2012
The owners were really nice. We would definitely stay there again. Comfortable living arrangements, and close enough to everything in town. We could walk to the beach, mini golf, etc
– Sarajane12345, Trip Advisor, Oct 2012