Meat requires a good grilling to ensure the right outcome, much like criminals on trials and kids who know where the cookies are hidden. Enjoy sizzling situations with today’s Groupon for Mengen Sofrasi Turkish Kitchen, Glebe:
- $39.00 for a three-course Turkish meal for two people with a bottle of wine to share ($127.50 value)
- $78.00 for a three-course Turkish meal for four people with two bottles of wine to share ($255.00 value)
- $117.00 for a three-course Turkish meal for six people with three bottles of wine to share ($382.50 value)
Mengen Sofrasi Turkish Kitchen offers bored palates the chance to season things up a bit with tantalising Turkish eating experiences. Exotic tasters belly dance their way down to this Glebe restaurant for a traditional Turkish three-course spread, enjoyed in twos, fours or sixes.
Available for lunch or dinner, adventurous eaters kick off Mediterranean meals with a mix of mezzes and eight dips, including humus, babaganoush, haydari and more, all piled onto freshly-baked Turkish bread. Make room for the main shared mixed grill plate, filled with the likes of chargrilled mix lamb sis, chicken sis, kofte and lamb ribs. Mixed meats are made that much more flavoursome when combined with the Mengen pilaf and garlic yoghurt served alongside.
Savoury sessions are complimented with a bottle of wine for every pair and sweetened with a lip-smacking dessert of rice or chocolate pudding each.
Three-course meal for every two people includes:
• Mix of eight dips and mezzes with Turkish bread (shared)
• Mixed grill plate:
- Karisik Izgara
- Chargrilled mix grills (lamb sis, chicken sis, kofte and lamb ribs)
- Mengen pilaf and garlic yoghurt (shared)
• Rice pudding or chocolate pudding (one each)
• Bottle of house red or white wine (shared)
… very happy with both the food and service. Typical Turkish fare and service was friendly so no complaints at all.
– keendiner, eatability, Jan 2013