What You Get
Choose between Two Options
- $1,799 per person, twin share for a trip with flights from Sydney or Melbourne (up to $1,999 value)
$2,099 per person, twin share for a trip with flights from Brisbane or Adelaide (up to $2,299 value)
Included in all options:
- Return international flights depart Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney or and Melbourne
- Accommodations based on twin/double room in a combined 3* and 4* hotels
- Private transfers in Bangkok and Phuket as mentioned in the above itinerary (minivan for a group of up to eight people, or a bus for groups above 10 people)
- Meals as mentioned
- English-speaking guide
- Service charge and government tax.
- All entrance fee and drinking water during tour
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Please be advised that tipping for tour guides, drivers and bellmen are required and will be collected by your travel consultant 7 days before you depart. A gratuity of 10AUD per person/day can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry as they have done an impeccable job to serve you through your holiday.
Due to the current health crisis, please check the current measures before any purchase
Travellers can explore the best of Bangkok and Phuket in all of its colour and glory on this vacation. Visit Bangkok’s serene temples, quiet Klongs (canals), and indulge in its nightlife. Relax at the lovely beach of Phuket and explore Coral Island’s lush green beauty. Indulge in thrilling water sports and opt to add more optional activities along the way to make the best of your holiday.
- Day 1: Depart from Australia to Bangkok. On arrival, you will be met and transferred to the hotel for your check in. Please note that some flights may depart the night before. In-flight meals included.
- Day 2: Bangkok tour: after breakfast see the most famous landmarks in Bangkok such as The Royal Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha and Wat Po. Enjoy lunch at local restaurant. Experience an afternoon trip along the bustling Chao Phya River and the quiet Klongs (canals) in a long tail boat.
- Day 3: Enjoy breakfast and a leisure day on your own in Bangkok
- Day 4: After breakfast, meet guide and driver to transfer to the airport for your flight to Phuket
- Day 5: Enjoy breakfast and a leisure day on your own in Phuket
- Day 6: Breakfast and another day free at your leisure in Phuket
- Day 7: Breakfast and one more day free at your leisure in Phuket
- Day 8: After breakfast, meet the driver to transfer to Phuket Airport for your flight back home via Bangkok
- Day 9: In-flight meals and home arrival
Groupon’s Guide To Bangkok
Thailand is one the most visited countries in Asia and is renowned for its culture, sandy beaches, culinary delicacies and tourist attractions. The country’s capital, Bangkok, is one of South-East Asia’s enigmatic cities where modernity blends with century-old traditions.
The city is split into 50 districts, while the Rattanakosin Island, the historic centre, awaits visitors with local attractions such as the Grand Palace, boasting asymmetrical and eclectic architecture, or the City Pillar Shrine, displaying mural paintings on its walls. In downtown Bangkok, tourists can make the most of high-end restaurants and vivid nightlife, while local attractions such as the Thai Pharmacy Museum, Kamthieng House and the temples of Phetchaburi await the history-minded travellers. Bangkok features a tropical climate, characterized by two seasons, wet and dry. The rainy season lasts between May and September and temperatures during this season reach the high 20’s. The best period to visit this city is, however, the period between October and February, when temperatures range between 25°C and 28°C and the occasional rainfall and smooth breezes break from the heat. The dry seasons lasts between November and February, while in March, temperatures go as high as the mid 30’s and rainfall picks up.
The Area: Phuket, Thailand
A melting pot of religions, experiences and of course international tourists, Phuket combines everything that can be expected of a tropical island destination and puts it all into overdrive. Idyllic beaches and lush forests are juxtaposed against the hectic energy of Patong, often referred to as the party capital of not just Thailand but the whole of Asia. Patong is the island’s beating heart, a city of frenetic energy and bright lights surrounded by the gracious curve of glittering Patong Beach. Patong Beach is one of Thailand’s most famous where everything from sun lounges to jet skis are available to hire, and locals offer on-the-spot hair braiding and massages. Just a short hop to the south of this lies the areas of Karon and Kata, famous for their pristine beaches and proximity to all the action of Patong without being in the thick of it.
For something quieter and more picturesque, take a long tail boat around the southern headland to Freedom Beach, which is only accessible by water. By night, busy Bangla Road comes to life with bars, restaurants, and nightclubs at every turn. The streets are closed to cars from 6pm and throng with people every night of the week. For something different, check out a Las Vegas-style magic show at the Joe Conrad Magic Theatre. During the daytime, explore the spectacular surrounding area with a tour to Phi Phi Island, a scuba-diving day trip or an elephant trek through the jungle.
• Single supplement available on request, if you would like to know more please contact Asia Vacation Group
• Flights depart Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, depending on option purchased
• A valid passport is required upon check-in onboard
• Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform Asia Vacation Group before departure
• Some flights will require a minimum of 1 transit (maximum 2)
• All tickets will include 20 kilos checked baggage per person, along with 7 kilos of hand luggage
• Despite the airlines baggage allowance, Asia Vacation Group recommends travelling with 20 kilos per person due to restrictions with internal flights (where applicable), as well as coach and train transportation. Also, you will be responsible for handling your luggage at all times as the services of porters is not included. If travelling over this amount, you will be liable for any excess baggage fees enforced by the airline, payable direct
• Once ticketed, flights are non-refundable. Any changes will be subject to the airline rules and change fees
• Full names as per passport (including all middle names) are required
• Any airline schedule changes or cancellations are beyond Asia Vacation Group control
• Any airline ‘extras’ such as pre-allocated seating is at your own arrangement (additional charges apply)
• Business Class upgrade available from an additional $3,000 per person (subject to availability). Please specify this as a ''Special Request'' when completing your booking and you will be quoted for the additional fare. In the event your selection is unavailable, or that you are dissatisfied with the quote, you will be provided with a full refund
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
• Travel Dates: Set departure dates 2021 & 2023:
Mon 17 October 2022
Mon14 November 2022
Mon 06 March 2023
Mon 20 March 2023
Tue 04 April 2023
Tue 18 April 2023
Tue 09 May 2023
Tue 23 May 2023
Tue 13 June 2023
Tue 18 July 2023
Tue 15 August 2023
Tue 12 September 2023
Tue 10 October 2023
Tue 24 October 2023
Tue 21 November 2023
• Email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone to book: 1800 22 93 39
• State name, preferred dates of stay and Voucher and Security codes
• Attach PDF voucher
• Merchant will revert within 2 working days for confirmation
• Present voucher on arrival