72-HOUR MYSTERY SALE - UP TO $50 OFF
• Save anywhere from $15 to $50 at checkout with the code: TIMEOFF
• The promo code will reveal your saving amount at checkout
• Promo code discount will be applied to one single voucher only and not the basket amount
• Maximum discount is $50
• Not valid for use with other Groupon promo codes
• Promo code valid 18-20 October 2019
A scenic 40-minute flight from Kathmandu takes travellers deep into the Himalayan ranges to the Everest Base Camp Trek starting point of Lukla. Adventurers strap on their hiking boots and depart for Phakding, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and then mount a trail leading through a pine forest, past the Dudh Kosi River, along with the Hillary Suspension Bridge, and through the Sagarmatha National Park, an important bird conservation habitat.
Spend a day resting and experiencing local cuisine and daily life at Namche Bazaar. Once acclimatised, travellers hit the road once more and are greeted by mountain views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, and Ama Dablam. Groupies keep their eyes peeled for sightings of the endangered Musk Deer, Himalayan Thar, and multi-coloured pheasants while trekking to Tengboche, a village with a view. During their brief stopover, visitors take in spanning vistas of 8000m and 7000m peaks and also visit Tengboche Monastery, known for its colourful and meticulous workmanship.
Continue trekking past chortens (shrines) and small villages, and through fields of barley, buckwheat, and potatoes. In Dingboche, adventurers get the camera out to capture picture-perfect views of peaks including Lhotse, Makalu, Cho – Oyu, Cholatse, Taboche, Louche West and Lobuche East. Tourists will go through the Chukkung Valley and visit Lho, Nup and Khumbu glaciers as well as Khumbutse, Lingtren, Pumori and Mahalangur peaks.
- The trek was named the best activity in Kathmandu, was awarded the Certificate of Excellence, and got 5/5 reviews on TripAdvisor
See full itinerary here.