The Hotel: Arrow on Spencer
Conveniently situated at the west end of Melbourne CBD, the four-star Arrow on Spencer offers a choice of modern-style accommodation with easy access to major city attractions. The hotel sits within a walking distance of Docklands precinct, Southern Cross station and the Etihad Stadium, while tram stops are available just outside the property allowing guests to travel quickly to other parts of Melbourne.
After the day spent exploring the metropolis, guests can kick back in a choice of apartments, some featuring private balconies with panoramic city views. The apartments offer separate kitchenettes, bathrooms with walk-in showers and cosy light-coloured bedrooms. Holidaymakers can take advantage of ironing facilities and in-room safes.
- Bed size/type: Queen-size bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- The apartment features a kitchenette and walk-in shower
Superior One-Bedroom Apartment
- Bed size/type: One queen-size bed and one single bed
- Standard occupancy: Three people
- Maximum occupancy: Three people
- The apartment boasts an open-plan queen bed and a private bedroom with a single bed, kitchenette, walk-in shower, and a balcony overlooking the city
- Bed size/type: One queen-size bed and two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Five people (for additional people policy, please contact the property directly)
- The apartment features spacious living and dining area, full kitchenette with an oven, open window, and a balcony overlooking the city
The Area: Melbourne, VIC
Dubbed Australia’s fashion capital, Melbourne boasts a strong coffee and cafe culture and a solid array of boutique fashion stores. Spend the day wandering between the cafe-lined alleyways, shopping for boutique and vintage clothes, and discovering hidden galleries and rooftop bars. Pack a romantic picnic and spend another day relaxing among the flowers and leafy trees in Botanic Gardens. A stroll along the Yarra River also provides plenty of photo opportunities. From Richmond, the CBD lies only a short drive away and tempts keen shoppers and foodies alike. Shopping fanatics can keep themselves entertained with a trip to Collins Street, a luxurious strand housing local markets, galleries, boutiques and cafes. Often regarded as Australia’s premier street, Collins Street is the domain of historical Victorian-era architecture, luxury boutiques including Prada, Dior and Cartier and the financial district of Melbourne. Head to the ‘Paris end’ of the street for a look at ancient buildings, all holding onto memories of former days while still staying poised for daily tourists’ photo snaps.