The Hotel: Blerick Country Retreat
Blerick Country Retreat makes for a great destination for all those looking to forget about their daily routine. Surrounded by tranquil countryside views, the property is enveloped in a Japanese-style garden with water flowing down the stone creek. Relaxing retreat can be complemented with skiing, horse riding, fishing or sampling local wine and gourmet goods. When the sun sets down, the night sky displays a myriad of twinkling stars.
Groupies can retire to one of three cottages which boast a blend of rustic feel and modern facilities. Take in the views of the rolling views from the verandah, tuck in a sizzling steak prepared with the barbecue facilities and get close up with the farm animals and alpacas.
The Chestnut Cottage and The Coach House Cottage
- Bed size/type: Queen bed and a queen-size wall bed
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- Flat-screen TV, kitchen facilities, double corner spa, air conditioning, outdoor setting, and wood fire
The Mudbrick Cottage
- Bed size/type: Three queen beds
- Maximum occupancy: Six people
- Air conditioning, outdoor setting, and wood fire, one person spa bath, flat screen tv & a fully equipped kitchen
The Area: Gippsland
Stretching from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne to the Tasman Sea, Gippsland is home to numerous natural wonders including Wilsons Promontory National Park and the pristine Squeaky Beach. The Gippsland Lakes, a network of waterways, marshes and lagoons, are also just waiting to be explored. Travellers can also explore the ancient Buchan Caves, and discover the underground wonderland of spectacular limestone formations or visit amazing wineries and boutique cafés and restaurants in the area.