Leave the city behind and hop on the Evolution vessel to speed through the waves for an adventure-packed day. This full-day tour head for the Outer Great Barrier Reef, one of the world’s most renowned natural wonders.
Once there, participants can enjoy their certified or introductory dive session to snorkel up the marine game under a watching eye of the experienced instructors. Five hours of free time provides the fun lovers with plenty of time to explore the area on their own, while the gourmet buffet lunch with live music and a free glass of wine allows recharging the batteries.
7.30am: Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal - 1 Spence St, Cairns
8.15am: Evolution departs Cairns to its first location
11.30am: Enjoy a BBQ buffet lunch onboard
1.00pm: Evolution arrives at its second location
3.00pm: Evolution departs for Cairns
4.30pm: Evolution arrives back in Cairns
The Area: Cairns, QLD
Cairns is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city nestled between the sea life of the Great Barrier Reef and the rolling downs of the Atherton Tablelands. As the gateway to the wet tropics, the city buzzes with a lively mix of travellers, from backpackers to luxury-seekers keen to soak up the sun. As night falls, the wide streets come alive with bars, galleries and seafood restaurants enticing diners by the waterside.
Snorkel, dive or simply recline on a glass-bottomed boat to admire the breathtaking wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Take a luxurious day trip to Port Douglas, an hour’s drive north, to dine on succulent seafood and shop in fashion boutiques. Walk among the towering ancient trees and lush greenery of the World Heritage Daintree rainforest, keeping an eye out for brilliantly-coloured butterflies and rare tropical birds; or marvel at enormous prehistoric reptiles in one of the region’s crocodile parks.
Closer to home, take a stroll down the Esplanade to find countless dining options and interesting shops. By night the same stretch comes alive with the Night Markets, where clothes, trinkets and Australian keepsakes are all up for grabs. Spend days simply soaking up the tropical sun on the beach, splashing about in the water when the heat gets too much.
Fruit platter, cheese and a glass of wine on return journey
Experienced, professional dive instructors
Large air-conditioned modern lounges to relax in comfort
Helicopter flights to and from our exclusive Heli-Pontoon on the Outer Reef
Up to three certified or introductory dives available per day
Semi-submersible boat tour (weather dependent)
What to bring
Sunscreen & hat
Swimmers and a towel
Cash or credit card for bar and souvenir purchases
Australian standard dive medical (if required)
Medical conditions and age restrictions apply for all passengers participating in scuba diving (please read the Terms and Conditions).
All divers must complete a Medical Questionnaire. Please be aware that certain medical conditions (eg asthma, heart disease, diabetes) and/or prescription medication may preclude some people from diving
* Minimum age for diving is 12 years
Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal; Marlin Marina
Check-in: 7:30am daily
Recent Positive Reviews
100% Verified Reviews
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
This deal doesn't have any written reviews yet.
See all reviews
The Fine Print
• Surcharges: $20 levy per person payable directly upon check in. Levies are per person and included environmental management charge $3.50, port charges $1.25, administration fee $5.25 and fuel levy $10
• Blackout dates: 25th Dec 2019 & 01 January 2020 (Christmas Day and New Years Day)
• Adult ticket is for customers aged 17 ys and above
• Child ticket valid for ages 4-16 (please note that the minimum age for diving is 12)
• Must make bookings 7 days prior to chosen cruise date
* Reef Fleet Terminal bus transfers available:
Cairns City Transfers = $17.00 per person
Northern Beaches Transfers = $24.00 per person
Transfer fees are payable on the day of travel
• What to bring: sunscreen, hat, spare clothes, cash or credit card for bar and souvenir purchases
• Weather statement: The operator reserves the right to cancel the tour, change vessel type or arrange an alternative carrier in the event of bad weather or mechanical problems. No refunds for voluntary uncompleted dives.
• Deal is subject to availability
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here