The Hotel: Echo Point Village
A stone’s throw away from the majestic Three Sisters, Echo Point Village is central to all attractions and activities that the Blue Mountains have to offer. Guests can venture 200 metres from their room to the Three Sisters viewing platform and Giant Stairway, or drive three minutes into the heart of Katoomba. Express shuttle buses also operate 100 metres away at Echo Point Motel to Katoomba Street every 30 minutes. A range of adventure tours and information on local attractions are also offered at Echo Point Motel.
A range of self-catering villas, cottages and houses are available for groups, all complete with open-plan living, Wi-Fi, and garden views. The in-villa kitchen facilities include refrigerators, microwaves, and stovetops. Guests have access to undercover garage parking and garden barbecue facilities for a sizzling outdoor meal.
Echo Point Villa
- Bed size/type: One queen bed, two twin beds, and one double sofa bed in the living room
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Five people
- $20 per extra person per night, payable to the hotel directly
- The villa features a full-size kitchen with a microwave, stove and fridge, air conditioning, central heating, laundry facilities, TV with a sound system, barbecue in the backyard, and linen and towels
Three Sisters Cottage
- Bed size/type: Two single beds, one double bed, and one large double bed
- Standard occupancy: Six people
- Maximum occupancy: Six people
- The cottage comes complete with an open-plan kitchen and dining area, spa for two, laundry facilities, two DVD/TV systems, electric log fire, barbecue, and linen and towels
The Area: Katoomba, Blue Mountains
A fresh eucalyptus scent wafts through the deep valleys of the Blue Mountains, where rugged sandstone cliffs catch the sunlight before receding into a lush temperate rainforest. Step back in time in charming Katoomba, where art deco buildings, tea rooms and antique shops loom up out of the mist or go back many thousands of years with towering ancient rock formations.
Stroll down to the spectacular Three Sisters lookout at Echo Point and take a hike into the lush valley below, or around the cliff top for magnificent views. See the mountains from a different perspective with a trip down Australia’s steepest train track, the Scenic Railway or soar across the valleys on the Scenic Cableway, an exhilarating aerial cable car.
Central Katoomba offers a bounty of cafes, bookstores and antique shops such as Mr Pickwicks, and there are plenty of more adventurous activities available nearby including horse riding, canyoning and golf. For a drink at the end of a day of exploration head to The Carrington Piano Bar for a spot of live music or instead go to The Clarendon which often features comedy or theatrical performances.