The Hotel: Eurong Beach Resort
Eurong Beach Resort is a hidden gem of Fraser Island, sparkling on a white sandy beach in the eastern part of the island. Accessible only by four-wheel-drive, the resort entices travellers with picture-perfect views of rainforests, freshwater lakes and dream-like beaches, and serves as a suitable base for safaris, fishing, day tours or simply basking in the sun.
Appetites are catered for in McKenzie’s Restaurant offering buffet and a la carte menu, while thirsts are kept under control in the Beach Bar. Guests can also take a refreshing dip in the cool waters of the on-site swimming pools, take advantage of tennis courts and gather around a barbecue in a designated area.
- Bed size/type: Double or twin beds
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- The apartment boasts bathroom amenities, and a deck or patio
- Bed size/type: One queen bed and two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- The two-bedroom apartment features a large living area, an outdoor deck or balcony, a bathroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen
The Area: Fraser Island
World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is a tropical holiday destination at the start of the Great Barrier Reef, offering a rejuvenating change from busy mainland Australia. The island’s untamed wilderness and rugged, natural charm entices from the moment guests arrive, providing a range of adventures and excitement.
Slip into island living and explore the hundreds of tracks which criss-cross the world’s largest sand island. Be mesmerised while walking through the ancient rainforests, which flourish in dune valleys, coloured sand cliffs on Seventy-Five Mile Beach or the mirrored lakes, ringed with gold, which tempt even the most reluctant swimmers.
Enjoy the best of the bush with a glass of wine in hand or soak up the sweet smells of native flowers and enjoy the peaceful sounds of nature whilst wandering the island’s timber walkways.