The Hotel: Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island
A modern collection of self-contained units, the four-star Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island houses up to 58 fully equipped apartments. Situated beside the Coral Sea and Marine Reserve with scenic views of the neighbouring city of Townsville and Cleveland Bay, it’s an ideal base from which to explore the local area.
Upon checking in, groupies can crack open a bottle of wine and enjoy some chocolates before getting acquainted with their spacious room settings. The one- and two-bedroom apartments come with fully equipped kitchens, with stainless steel appliances, and feature scenic balcony views. With fantastic nature all around, guests will find much to see and do. Or, if staying on-site is preferable, there are four swimming pools - including a rooftop pool - to take advantage of, as well as an exercise room and barbecue facilities.
Known as “Maggie” to the locals, Magnetic Island is a national park covered isle just a few kilometres offshore from Townville. A popular spot for tourists and locals alike, the destination offers sailing, diving and snorkelling experiences along with nature walks to spot the local flora and fauna. Take a sea kayak tour around the island to learn its secrets, lap up the sun and get hearts beating all at once.
Families head to Riverway for all-ages fun, whether it’s a dip in the swimming lagoons, stroll through the cultural centre or coffee in a buzzing café. Hit up one of a handful of beaches, creeks and swimming holes for a true tropical north Queensland experience, following dips up with a wander through lush rainforest. On selected days of the week, travellers can bring back trinkets and treasures from their time in the city at a market – try Cotters Markets, Willows Markets or Showgrounds Markets.
Explore northern Queensland from the base of a modern self-contained apartment, take a dip in the rooftop pool, and sip on some wine
What You Get
Choose from Six Options
$499 for a three-night stay for two people (up to $1,220 value)
$699 for a five-night stay for two people (up to $1,960 value)
$899 for a seven-night stay for two people (up to $2,700 value)
$649 for a three-night stay for two people (up to $1,460 value)
$999 for a five-night stay for two people (up to $2,360 value)
$1,299 for a seven-night stay for two people (up to $3,260 value)
Included in all options
Accommodation for two or four people
Bottle of wine
Chocolates on arrival
Breakfast hamper on one morning
Late check-out by 1pm
Late check-out: 1pm
Pets not allowed
Smoking policy: Non-smoking property
Accessibility: Disabled-accessible rooms are available upon request; call the hotel to arrange
The Fine Print
• Blackout dates: all school holidays, all public holidays
• Deal is valid for 2 people (one-bedroom apartment) or 4 people (two-bedroom apartment)
• Check availability before purchase
• Groupon customers have a special price of $140.00 in total for 2-day car hire
• Should Groupon customers wish to upgrade from a one-bedroom standard to one-bedroom waterview, an upgrade fee is $50 per night applies
• Should Groupon customers wish to upgrade from a two-bedroom standard to two-bedroom waterview, an upgrade fee is $50 per night applies
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here