The Hotel: Sudamala Suites & Villas
Sudamala Suites & Villas is located in the relaxed Sanur, known for nurturing the Balinese art and cultural history. The hotel, much like its surroundings, is deeply connected to those values and presents them by hosting the Sudakara ArtSpace, one of the most significant places in Bali with contemporary art. The deep relations are also shown in the decor, which features hand-crafted custom furniture in each suite, as well as pieces by local artists. Guests, besides relaxing in the art gallery, can also head to the onsite spa, take meditation or yoga classes, or lounge by the outdoor pool.
After a sun-filled day, travellers retire to the Deluxe Suite, equipped with premium bedding, 43-inch plasma TV, and fully-furnished balcony with views of beautifully manicured gardens.
- Bed size/type: King bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Three adults or two adults and one child
- Child aged up to 6 years stays free of charge sharing room with parent using existing bedding.
- Child aged between 7-12 years stays free of charge sharing room with parent using existing bedding, breakfast and meals at an additional charge
- Flights needs to be purchased for children
- An additional adult will buy a voucher at a full voucher price
- The suite features custom furniture, study table, furnished balcony, semi-open bathroom with rain shower and hairdryer, flat-screen TV, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and internet access.
The Area: Sanur, Bali
Sanur is a beach-lover’s paradise, set away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Legian on Bali’s eastern coast. Most Balinese people speak at least some English, and the island is well set up for travellers, with all modern conveniences in easy reach. Sanur is the gateway to beautiful Nusa Lembongan, with regular boats departing for the island; the area is 10 minutes’ driving time from Denpasar, 20 minutes from Kuta or Legian, and 30 minutes from Seminyak or Ubud.
Traverse the splendid paved beachfront cycle-path which spans 5km in south Sanur for a chance at memorable shots of the scenic views especially early in the morning. Hire a car or driver to explore the spectacular volcanic ranges, lush rice paddies, temples and cultural attractions of Bali, with the island’s petite size making it easy to get around in just a few days. For a delicious, inexpensive local feast, head to the Sanur Night Market at the northern end of Jalan Danau Tamblingan.