What You Get
Choose from Three Options
- $999 per person, twin share for a five-night stay with flights departing Brisbane (up to $1,784.50 value)
- $1,099 per person, twin share for a five-night stay with flights departing Sydney (up to $1,833.50 value)
$1,099 per person, twin share for a five-night stay with flights departing Melbourne (up to $1,951.50 value)
- Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
- Single supplement (one person travelling alone): enquire at time of booking
- Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
Included in all options:
- Return economy airfares including all taxes and one piece of carry-on luggage per person
- Jungle Walk Bungalow accommodation
- Wi-Fi in the main lobby
- Early check-in and late check-out of noon (please note that these are subject to guests’ arrival and departure times)
- Welcome drink
- Daily scheduled guided tours with on-site rangers including:
- Wildlife walks, bird watching and coconut odyssey
- Star gazing at Thala’s specially-designed outdoor observatory
The Hotel: Thala Beach Nature Resort
Located along private headland just a 10-minute drive from Port Douglas, with panoramic views of Double Island, Cape Tribulation, and even the Great Barrier Reef, Thala Beach Nature Reserve is for guests who want to take the time to be around nature. With bungalows spread throughout the tropical forest canopy, which provides habitats for local birds, plants, and animals, guests are surrounded by natural beauty. Choose to enjoy the surroundings, or take the shuttle to Port Douglas for shops and restaurants.
Groupies can join onsite rangers on daily scheduled guided tours such as wallaby walks, nature discovery, bird watching, tree planting, coconut odyssey, and beach combing tours, or spend an evening stargazing at Thala’s specially-designed outdoor observatory. The resort also offers weekly evening presentations by local indigenous populations. Marked walking trails can be explored, or guests can relax by taking a dip in one of two freshwater freeform pools, or opting to get a massage at the resort’s Rejuvenate Massage Studio.
Guests can enjoy modern Australian cuisine with lovely views at the resort’s Osprey’s Restaurant, or indulge in a drink at the Masked Plover Cocktail Bar. After a good meal, guests can retire to their Jungle Walk Bungalow set within the woodland forest on the resort’s grounds. Enjoy the sounds of nature while relaxing on your private verandah, or relax by watching a DVD, stay connected by using the main lobby’s Wi-Fi.
Jungle Walk Bungalow
- Bed size/type: King bed or two king singles
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people * Located within the forest, finished in natural colours, and located furthest from the main lodge area; the bungalow features a balcony, bathroom with a bath and shower, air conditioning and ceiling fans, TV with in-house movies, and tea- and coffee-making facilities
The Area: Port Douglas, QLD
Close to the two World Heritage sites of the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, the coastal village of Port Douglas is awash with pristine natural wonders. The beachy, organic lifestyle of Port Douglas is reflected in all elements, from its relaxed sidewalk cafés to the colourful weekend markets and unique artisan boutiques.
Wander down to Four Mile Beach, where people can stroll, swim or surf to their heart’s content. Those eager for some natural green settings head up the coast to the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest. As the oldest of its kind in the world, the forest is home to a unique array of wildlife and sprawling canopies. Thrill seekers head north and set out on an off-road 4WD adventure around Cape Tribulation.
The Great Barrier Reef is another nearby sight, and one not to be missed. Take an island day trip, scenic flight or dive tour and get a new appreciation for this natural wonder. Back in Port Douglas, folks continue their vacation with a wander around the Esplanade and Macrossan Street, stopping by cafés, boutiques, restaurants and even bars as the night creeps in. On the weekend shoppers head to Anzac Park for the Sunday markets, where they can pick up fresh produce and colourful flowers.
- Check-in from 3pm
- Check-out by 11am
-1-31 May 2021
-1-15 June 2021
-15- 31 July 2021
- 1-31 August 2021
- 1-15 September 2021
- 11-31 October 2021
- 1-30 November 2021
- 1-15 December 2021
- 11-31 January 2022
- 1-28 February 2022
- 1-31 March 2022
• Promotion is valid for 1 person based on 2 people travelling together
• Flights depart Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne and include 1 piece of carry-on luggage per person, up to 7 kg.
• Flights are based on promotional economy class fares. Prices are subject to promotional airfare availability; air surcharges apply during school holidays, peak travel periods and for non-promotional fares; flights may not be direct or operate daily. Flights departing Melbourne are from either Tullamarine or Avalon. Airline & flight times determined at the time of booking.
• Subject to availability; please book early to secure your preferred dates
• Upgrade to a Eucalyptus Bungalow from $145, Coral Suite Bungalow from $295 or Sandpiper Suite from $395.00 per room per night, paid on site
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
• Phone to book: (02) 8015 2814 or 1300 844 555 (10am-10pm Monday-Friday & 11am-6pm, Saturday-Sunday)
• Email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
• State name, preferred dates of stay, and Voucher and Security codes
• Attach PDF voucher
• Present voucher on arrival