What You Get
Choose Between Four Options
- $739 for a four-night stay per person, twin share with flights departing Brisbane (up to $1,260.88 value)
$849 for a four-night stay per person, twin share with flights departing Melbourne or Sydney (up to $1,360.88 value)
- $1,089 for a seven-night stay per person, twin share with flights departing Brisbane (up to $1,883.38 value)
$1,189 for a seven-night stay per person, twin share with flights departing Melbourne or Sydney (up to $1,983.38 value)
Included in all options:
- Return economy airfares including all taxes and one piece of carry-on luggage per person
- 4- or 7-night Jungle Walk Bungalow accommodation for one person (king bed or two king singles) in a shared room, on room-only basis
- Early check-in and late check-out of 12pm
- Welcome drink voucher
- Wi-Fi in the main lobby
- Daily scheduled guided tours with onsite rangers including:
- Nature walks, bird watching, coconut odyssey, and beach discovery
- Stargazing at Thala’s specially-designed outdoor observatory
- Weekly evening presentations by the local indigenous elder
- Buggy transfers around the resort on request
The Hotel: Thala Beach Nature Resort
Located along private headland just a 10-minute drive from Port Douglas, with panoramic views of Double Island, Cape Tribulation, and even the Great Barrier Reef, Thala Beach Nature Reserve is for guests who want to take the time to be around nature. With bungalows spread throughout the tropical forest canopy, which provides habitats for local birds, plants, and animals, guests are surrounded by natural beauty. Choose to enjoy the surroundings, or take the shuttle to Port Douglas for shops and restaurants.
Groupies can join onsite rangers on daily scheduled guided tours such as wallaby walks, nature discovery, bird watching, tree planting, coconut odyssey, and beach combing tours, or spend an evening stargazing at Thala’s specially-designed outdoor observatory. The resort also offers weekly evening presentations by local indigenous populations. Marked walking trails can be explored, or guests can relax by taking a dip in one of two freshwater freeform pools, or opting to get a massage at the resort’s Rejuvenate Massage Studio.
Guests can enjoy modern Australian cuisine with lovely views at the resort’s Osprey’s Restaurant, or indulge in a drink at the Masked Plover Cocktail Bar. After a good meal, guests can retire to their Jungle Walk Bungalow set within the woodland forest on the resort’s grounds. Enjoy the sounds of nature while relaxing on your private verandah, or relax by watching a DVD, stay connected by using the main lobby’s Wi-Fi.
Jungle Walk Bungalow
- Bed size/type: King bed or two king singles
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people * Located within the forest, finished in natural colours, and located furthest from the main lodge area; the bungalow features a balcony, bathroom with a bath and shower, air conditioning and ceiling fans, TV with in-house movies, and tea- and coffee-making facilities
The Area: Port Douglas, QLD
Close to the two World Heritage sites of the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, the coastal village of Port Douglas is awash with pristine natural wonders. The beachy, organic lifestyle of Port Douglas is reflected in all elements, from its relaxed sidewalk cafés to the colourful weekend markets and unique artisan boutiques.
Wander down to Four Mile Beach, where people can stroll, swim or surf to their heart’s content. Those eager for some natural green settings head up the coast to the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest. As the oldest of its kind in the world, the forest is home to a unique array of wildlife and sprawling canopies. Thrill seekers head north and set out on an off-road 4WD adventure around Cape Tribulation.
The Great Barrier Reef is another nearby sight, and one not to be missed. Take an island day trip, scenic flight or dive tour and get a new appreciation for this natural wonder. Back in Port Douglas, folks continue their vacation with a wander around the Esplanade and Macrossan Street, stopping by cafés, boutiques, restaurants and even bars as the night creeps in. On the weekend shoppers head to Anzac Park for the Sunday markets, where they can pick up fresh produce and colourful flowers.
- Check-in: 3pm (early check-in: 12pm)
- Check-out: 11am (late check-out: 12pm)
- Smoking policy: non-smoking property
- Pets are not allowed inside the property
- Room upgrades available on request and subject to additional charges; please enquire at the time of booking
The Fine Print
1 Nov 2020 to 15 Dec 2020
11 Jan 2021 to 25 Mar 2021
19 Apr 2021 to 25 Jun 2021
• Deal is valid for 1 person based on 2 people travelling together (twin share)
• Single supplement applies. If you would like to know more, please call Great Pacific Travels on 1300 844 555
• Flights depart Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and include 1 piece of carry-on luggage per person, up to 7 kg
• Flights are subject to specific promotional economy class fares availability. Air surcharges apply during Australian school holidays, special events, other peak travel periods and for non-promotional fares
• Flights may not be direct or operate daily. Flights departing Melbourne are from either Tullamarine or Avalon. Exact flight details and origin are confirmed at time of booking.
• Room upgrade to a Eucalyptus Bungalow available from $125, to Coral Suite Bungalow from $275 or to Sandpiper Suite from $375 per room per night
• Groupon strongly encourages all travelers to check official advice available at smartraveller.gov.au prior to purchasing this deal
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
• Can travel from: 01 Nov 2020
• Can travel to: 25 Jun 2021
• Phone to book: 1300 844 555 or 02 8015 2814 (10am-10pm Mon-Fri & 11am-6pm, Sat-Sun)
• Email to book: email@example.com
• State name, preferred dates of stay and Voucher and Security codes
• Attach PDF voucher
• Present voucher on arrival