Experience the highlights of both Vietnam and Cambodia on this 16-day tour leading through cities and countryside. Travellers become immersed in the rich culture and history of the different regions and take in picturesque landscapes as they’re guided through destinations including Hanoi, the Mekong Delta, Siem Reap and Halong Bay.
- Day 1: Transfer from the airport to a hotel in the centre of Hanoi; leisure time
- Day 2: V’Spirirt Cruise; explore Halong Bay and Sung Sot Cave, visit Titov island and climb up a hill to indulge in scenic views over the area and discover hidden gems of the area from a kayak; sunset party aboard and optional squid fishing
- Day 3: Continue cruising through Halong Bay, kayak around Drum Cave before continuing cruising past Ba Hang fishing village and Dog Islet; fruit carving show and cooking class aboard; transfer back to the hotel
- Day 4: Explore the city and take an overnight train to Hue
- Day 5: Transfer from the train station to the hotel in Hue; leisure time
- Day 6: Hue City Tour; visit Minh Mang, Khai Dinh and Tu Duc’s Mausoleums, learn how traditional conical hats and incense sticks are made; explore the Royal Citadel, Forbidden City, Hue Royal Museum and Thien Mu Pagoda on the riverbank, cruise on the Perfume River
- Day 7: Transfer to Hoi An - explore the picturesque Old Town, historic district and 15th-century trading port
- Day 8: Transfer from the hotel to My Son Holy Land, surrounded by mountains religious centre dating back to the late 4th century
- Day 9: Leisure time in the morning; transfer to the airport for the flight to Ho Chi Minh City and transfer to the hotel
- Day 10: Travel through the vividly green rice fields to visit Vinh Trang pagoda and take a boat ride along the river boasting scenic views; explore Tortoise Islet and An Khanh, and learn more about the local life in the Mekong Delta
- Day 11: Leisure time; feel free to explore Ho Chi Minh City and relax before heading off to Cambodia
- Day 12: Transfer to the bus station for the journey to Phnom Penh; leisure time after arrival
- Day 13: Visit TuolSleng Prison Museum and Killing Fields of ChoeungEk; after lunch, browse PsarToul Tom Pong, known as Russian Market, for bargains and take one-hour boat cruise on the Mekong River
- Day 14: Transfer by bus to Siem Reap
- Day 15: Explore the gems of Angkor Thom Area, including Angkor Thom South Gate, Bayon Temple Elephants Terrace and the Royal Palace, visit the iconic Angkor Wat Temple, one of the architectural wonders of the world and head to Bakheng Hill for its beautiful sunset.
- Day 16: Leisure time and transfer to the airport; the tour ends
Meals as mentioned in the full itinerary here.