What You Get
Choose from Two Options
- $1,099 per person, twin share for a 12-day tour with a 3-star accommodation (up to $2,965value)
$1,499 per person, twin share for a 12-day tour with a 4-star accommodation (up to $3,812 value)
- Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
- Single supplement for 3-star options (one person travelling alone): $729 payable at time of booking
- Single supplement for 4-star options (one person travelling alone): $999 payable at time of booking
- Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
Included in both options:
- 11 nights’ accommodation including 10 nights in the hotel and 1 night on the Halong cruise
- Flight ticket Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam airlines is the first priority), with 20 kg check and 7 kg hand luggage
- Bus tickets HCMC - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap (Mekong Express is the first priority)
- Airport transfer by a private car in Hanoi, HCMC and Siem Reap airport
- Guided tour to Halong Bay: 2 days, 1 night on the cruises
- Guided tour to The Cu Chi tunnel
- Guided tour to The Mekong Delta tour
- Guided tour in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap tour
- Meal as mentioned: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Tax and service charge
- Return airfares from departure country to Vietnam
- Beverages, tips, and personal expenses
- Other things not mentioned clearly in the packages
- Visa to Vietnam and Visa to Cambodia
Travellers are invited to embark on a 12-day adventure to discover the highlights of both Vietnam and Cambodia, travelling through cities and countryside. Sojourners become immersed in the rich culture and history of the different regions and take in picturesque landscapes as they’re guided through destinations including Hanoi, the Mekong Delta, Siem Reap and Halong Bay.
Day 1: Hanoi - Airport Pick-Up (No meals)
Arrive at the airport in Hanoi, meet the travel representative and be transferred to the hotel for an overnight stay (check-in from 2pm).
Day 2: Hanoi - Halong Bay (B, L, D)
Be picked up from the hotel and start the scenic drive to Halong Bay. Around noon, embark on Apricot or Grayline Classic Cruise followed by a short cruise briefing. Explore the Sung Sot Cave, cruise to Titov island, and then return to the main boat to enjoy a sunset party on the sundeck. In the evening enjoy a dinner and socialise with other guests. Overnight on Cruise in Halong.
Day 3: Halong Bay - Hanoi - Check in hotel in Hanoi (B, L)
Start the day from Tai Chi exercises aboard, continue cruising and kayak around the Drum Cave; back on the boat, pass Ba Hang fishing village, Dog Islet, and more; while heading back to the harbor, watch the fruit carving demonstration, take part in a cooking class and enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch; disembark and be transferred back to Hanoi.
Day 4: Hanoi - Fly to HCMC (B)
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy some leisure time in Hanoi and the be transferred to the airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh (flight time is TBA and will be issued 2 weeks before your travel date). Stay overnight at the touristic area of Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 5: HCMC - Cu Chi tunnel tour (B, L)
In the morning, be picked up at the hotel and head to Cu Chi which is located 60km from HCM city, Discover the historic Cu Chi which served as an army base in the past.
Day 6: HCMC - Mekong Delta - My Tho - Can Tho (B, L)
Leave Ho Chi Minh city, enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields. Arrive at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, and take a leisurely boat ride along the river to explore the fishing villages nestled along the river bank. Then take a boat ride to An Khanh, a less touristy area in Ben Tre. Enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan along natural canals, taste some seasonal fruit and honey tea, and listen to the sounds of Southern Vietnamese folk music performed by the locals. Discover the rural life of the locals as roaming through the fruit plantations and villages. Proceed to Can Tho for an overnight stay and visit a local market there.
Day 7: Phong Dien - Cai Rang Floating Market - HCMC (B, L)
Embark on a boat trip to explore the tributaries of the Lower Mekong river, proceed to visit Cai Răng floating market (Phong Dien is optional), and taste some Vietnamese vermicelli soup. Visit the orchard garden and stop for lunch before heading back to HCM city for an overnight stay.
Day 8: HCMC - Bus to Phnom Penh (B)
Be picked up at the hotel and transferred to Phnom Penh by bus (6 hours). Stop at the border for the visa process. A bus ride can be upgraded to a flight, please contact the Travel provider directly.
Day 9: Phnom Penh - Killing Fields ChoeungEk - Russian Market (B, L)
Visit the TuolSleng Prison Museum and the ‘Killing Fields’ of ChoeungEk. Have lunch at the local restaurant. In the afternoon, explore PsarToul Tom Pong, also known as a Russian Market. Later this afternoon, take a one-hour boat cruise on the Mekong River.
Day 10: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap (B)
Head to Siem Reap by bus - Mekong Express (6 hours) or upgrade the journey to a flight (please contact the travel provider direclty).
Day 11: Siem Reap - Angkor Thom - Angkor Wat Temple (B, L)
After breakfast, proceed to Angkor Thom Area (Angkor Thom Temple South Gate, Bayon Temple, Baphuon Temple, Phimean Akas Temple, Elephants Terrace and Leper King Terrace, Royal Palace, Woman and Man Pond) and visit Ta-Prom Temple. After lunch, continue the journey to Angkor Wat Temple and later on, make a visit to Bakheng Hill. Overnight in hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 12: Siem Reap - Departure (B)
Have breakfast at the hotel and relax before being picked up for a ride to the airport. The trip ends.
See the full itinerary here
- Hanoi - Hanoi Sky Hotel or similar
- Halong Bay Cruise - Apricot Cruise or similar
- Ho Chi Minh City - Signature Saigon Hotel or similar
- Can Tho - Anh Dao Hotel or similar
- Phnom Penh - King Grand Boutique or similar
- Siem Reap – G&Z Bliss D’Angkor hotel or similar
- Hanoi - Flower Garden Hotel or similar
- Halong Bay Cruise - Grayline Cruise or similar
- Ho Chi Minh City - Harmony Sai Gon Hotel or similar
- Can Tho - West Can Tho Hotel or similar
- Phnom Penh - Harmony Hotel or similar
- Siem Reap – Silk D’Angkor hotel or similar
The Fine Print
• Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
• A peak season surcharge of $USD100 per person applies for travel between 24 Dec 2019 to 5 Jan 2020, 10 Jan 2020 - 20 Feb 2020, 30 Mar 2020- 6 Apr 2020, 24 Apr 2020 - 5 May 2020 and 28 Aug 2020- 5 Sept 2020
• Check availability before purchase
• Based on two people sharing, a single supplement 3-star (one person travelling alone): $729 payable at time of booking
• Based on two people sharing, a single supplement 4-star (one person travelling alone): $999 payable at time of booking
• Domestic flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City is included with 20kg of checked luggage and up to 7kg of carry on luggage
• Groupon strongly encourages all travelers to check official advice available at smartraveller.gov.au prior to purchasing this deal
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
• Standard fine print which applies to all travel promotions
How to Redeem
Check Availability Make a Booking
• Can travel to: 20 Dec 2020
• Purchase your voucher and book online via reservation.groupon.com.au
• If you received your voucher as a gift, sign in or register for a Groupon account then click on the 'BOOK A GIFT' button
• Select date of booking and enter details
• You'll receive an email to confirm reservation details