During this six-night tour, travellers will have a chance to discover the cultural sights which make Cambodia such a popular holiday destination. Groupies will head to busy Phnom Penh, explore the temples of Siem Reap, and visit the floating village of Chong Khneas. Local shops, markets and restaurants will be explored during leisure time.
Day 1: Phnom Penh
- Arrive in Cambodia, Phnom Penh; stay overnight at Hotel in Phnom Penh
Day 2: Phnom Penh
- Visit the Tuol Sleng Prison Museum and the notorious Killing Fields, explore PsarToul Tom Pong and embark on a one-hour boat cruise on the Mekong River; stay overnight at Hotel in Phnom Penh
Day 3: Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Travel to Siem Reap by Mekong Express bus, stay overnight at Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 4: Siem Reap
- Discover the temples of Angkor Thom, visit Ta-Prom and Angkor Wat temples and see Bakheng Hill
Day 5: Siem Reap
- After breakfast, proceed to the Tonle Sap Boat Trip (Floating Village) and Les Artisan D’ Angkor (Art School). After lunch, proceed to Angkor Silk Farm, Enjoy a traditional Khmer massage for 1 hour ; stay overnight at hotel in Siem Reap
Day 6: Siem Reap
- Enjoy leisure time in Siem Reap, and stay there overnight
Day 7: Siem Reap
- Breakfast, transfer to the airport
The Area: Cambodia
Cambodia’s past has been filled with upheaval, but with every passing year more and more travellers are discovering its natural beauty and cultural riches. A warm, wet tropical climate means the countryside is covered in lush green vegetation, and its jungles are home to a huge variety of wildlife including elephants, deer, bears, panthers and tigers.
Ancient temples and palaces dot the length and breadth of Cambodia, some carefully preserved and others vine-wrapped and lost to history for centuries. The most famous of these is Angkor Wat, a vast and richly carved temple complex on the fringes of the small city of Siem Reap which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors per year.