The Hotel: John Pirie Motor Inn
Whether on the road to or back from the Flinders Ranges and further afield in Mid North and South Australia, John Pirie Motor Inn makes for a great place to stop and relax. Take a swim in the outdoor pool, stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi, and take a leisurely stroll to discover local sights including the Spencer Gulf and Port Pirie Railway Station Museum.
Groupies can feel at home staying in the Standard Room, equipped with all that is needed for a fuss-free stay, or in the Executive Room - a more spacious option with a business desk. All rooms feature private bathrooms, TVs, and tea and coffee provisions. Foodies can head to the on-site restaurant Angus & Co, a steakhouse-like restaurant with a rich choice of comfort food including burgers.
- Bed size/type: queen-size bed
- Standard occupancy: two people
- Free Mini-Bar
- This room features reverse-cycle air conditioning and tea-/coffee-making facilities, complimentary toiletries, minibar, TV, iPod dock, and ironing facilities; size: 18 m²
- Bed size/type: King & single beds
- Standard occupancy: double or twin occupancy
- This air-conditioned room features a TV, private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries, electric kettle, ironing facilities, dining area, fridge, and minibar; size: 20 m²
- Free Mini-Bar
- This room has no capacity for extra bedding
The Area: Port Pirie
Perched on the east coast of the Spencer Gulf, Port Pirie is a quaint town The city is a gateway to South Australia’s largest mountain range, Flinders Ranges, but it retains much of its own charm, too. Beach enthusiasts can appreciate the safe waters of the nearby Solomontown Beach, while the Victorian-era Port Pirie’s railway station, which is now a museum, is eye candy for architecture buffs.