The Hotel: Lalasa Villas
Nestled in the picturesque village of Canggu, the four-star Lalasa Villas boasts a collection of 12 self-contained villas designed to make guests feel at home. The resort is set just a stone’s throw from the Berawa Beach which makes for an ideal base for a tropical break away from the city hustle and bustle. When not basking in the sun, guests can enjoy some dining at the on-site eatery serving up hearty breakfasts and a choice of lunches and dinners.
Holidaymakers relax and unwind in a choice of One- or Two-Bedroom Villas, all air-conditioned and boasting private plunge pools. The villas feature traditional Balinese decor and a range of modern facilities designed for guests’ convenience. There are an open-plan living area and a fully equipped kitchen. A cup of tea or coffee may be enjoyed in the morning thanks to the hot-drink making equipment available in each villa.
One-Bedroom Private Pool Villa
- Bed size/type: Extra large double bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people (an extra person can stay at a US$ 50++ per person supplement)
- The villa features a private pool, balcony, open-air living and dining areas, and a fully equipped kitchen; the facilities include: tea- and coffee-maker, minibar, flat-screen TV with cable channels, and ironing equipment
Two-Bedroom Private Pool Villa
- Bed size/type: One extra large double bed and two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- The villa boasts two spacious bedrooms, a private pool, open-air living and dining areas, and a fully equipped kitchen; there’s also a private balcony overlooking the surrounding greenery; the facilities include: tea- and coffee-maker, minibar, flat-screen TV with cable channels, and ironing equipment
The Area: Canggu, Bali
With its location set in greener than green rice paddies far from the crowds of central Bali, Canggu offers travellers a taste of the island’s yesteryear where life chugs along at a slower pace and souls can find their centres in serenity. Framed by black sand beaches to one side and rolling pastures to the other, Canggu stretches gracefully above Seminyakto mystical Tanah Lot, the shrine of many sunset postcard snaps, and thanks to its laidback energy is swiftly becoming the up-and-coming place to stay on the Indonesian isle. Canggu offers all the things there are to be enjoyed about Bali without the frenetic pace of Kuta, but the tourist hub is still not far away for those who wish to dabble in both worlds.
Feel like the only person in the world by delving into a good book by the private pool, taking a stroll in the nearby rice paddies or checking out the black sand beach, or rev up the energy by shopping in Legian, partying in Kuta or dining in Jimbaran Bay. Enjoy Seminyak, one of the more posh areas on the island filled with boutiques, world-class restaurants and picturesque beaches, or journey to Ubud to check out artisan workshops, art markets or the famous monkey forest.
The religious site of Tanah Lot is also nearby, and is best viewed at sunset for vistas that will forever stay imprinted on memories. Young ones also couldn’t pass up a trip to Waterbom Park for a day of slipping, sliding and splashing around in the plentiful pools and lush gardens.