From the vibrant city of Auckland built atop numerous volcanic cones, through Rotorua’s steaming geysers and Waitomo Caves, to lively Queenstown and culturally-rich Christchurch, the tour takes eager travellers on a journey through New Zealand’s most renowned locations. Holidaymakers compass the island from north to south discovering both its unspoilt nature and buzzing metropolis life. They have a chance to soak in the atmosphere of the places visited, taste local cuisine specialities, and cruise along the world-famous fjord. The tour includes meals as per the itinerary.
- Arrive in Auckland.
- Upon arrival at the pick-up location be transferred to hotel for a check-in.
- Enjoy Dinner at a restaurant, and enjoy the evening at leisure.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and embark on a half-day Auckland sights tour to explore the city’s historic architecture and numerous waterfront spots, and soak in the atmosphere of this vibrant metropolis. After being picked up from the hotel situated in the inner city, ride up the palm tree-lined Queen Street and listen as the guide shares facts about the city’s main commercial thoroughfare. Pass by the 19th- and 20th-century structures, including the Auckland Ferry Building and the old Auckland Customhouse and admire contemporary skyscrapers in the central business district. Later on, visit the suburb of Ponsonby and learn about Auckland’s thriving arts, nightlife and the culinary scene. Pass over the Harbour Bridge to North Shore and enjoy the relaxed vibe of the area, then stroll down Narrow Neck Beach in Devonport. Then climb the top of Mount Victoria and take in panoramic views over the city and the waters of Waitemata Harbour. Finish the tour with a stop at Westhaven Marina, the Southern Hemisphere’s largest yacht marina.
- Have lunch at an Indian restaurant.
- After lunch, proceed further for Sky Tower Observation Admission Ticket and admire the city’s key landmarks and the surrounding area from above.
- Have dinner at a restaurant and stay overnight in the city.
- After breakfast at the hotel, check out and be transferred to Rotorua via Waitomo Caves. On the way take a 45-minute guided tour through the underground caverns and learn how stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone structures were formed over millions of years. The tour includes a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto and is followed by lunch.
- Upon arrival at Rotorua, check in at the hotel and enjoy some leisure time and dinner at a restaurant; stay overnight at the hotel in Rotorua.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Then be picked up for Te Puia, Rainbow Springs and Agrodome tour. Gain an insight into New Zealand’s Maori culture at Te Puia, experience Rotorua’s famous geothermal activity with a tour of the neighbouring Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley, and then discover the secrets of the local agricultural industry in action at the Agrodome, a working organic farm. At Rainbow Springs Nature Park see New Zealand’s fauna and flora on display. The tour is followed by lunch. Upon arrival at the hotel, eat dinner at a restaurant and stay overnight in Rotorua.
- After having a buffet breakfast at the hotel, check out and be transferred to the airport to fly to Queenstown.
- Upon arrival check-in at the hotel and then be picked up for Skyline Gondola tour and Dinner in Stratosfare experience which takes place high above the town. Take a ride up the Skyline Gondola to the summit of Bob’s Peak, and enjoy a meal with a scenic view at the Stratosfare restaurant.
- Stay overnight at the hotel in Queenstown
- Have a buffet breakfast at the hotel and embark on a full-day Milford Sound Cruise. While on the cruise, experience the world-famous fjord in all its natural glory, and admire the surrounding rainforest, glacier-carved valleys and waterfalls.
- Leave Queenstown to travel through rugged mountain terrain, past Te Anau. Head through the Southern Alps along the Eglington Valley, one of New Zealand’s few glacier valleys accessible by road, take photos at the stunning Mirror Lakes, and travel through the Homer Tunnel, a 0.75-mile passageway drilled into solid rock. * At Milford Sound, board a ship to travel along the fjord out to the Tasman Sea, where native forests cling to steep cliffs, while seals, penguins and dolphins swim in the water. Along the way listen to the commentary of the captain.
- After the cruise, return to Queenstown by coach or choose to book a flight there.
- Have lunch, be transferred to the hotel and have a dinner at the restaurant enroute. Stay overnight at the hotel in Queenstown.
- Enjoy buffet breakfast at the hotel and spend the day at leisure.
- Have lunch and dinner at a restaurant and stay overnight in Queenstown.
- After breakfast at the hotel, check out and be transferred to Franz Josef by coach.
- Enroute have lunch at a restaurant.
- Spend the evening at leisure and enjoy dinner at a restaurant.
- Stay overnight in Franz Josef hotel.
- Enjoy buffet breakfast, then check out from the hotel and head towards Grey Mouth and further to Christchurch by Tranz Alpine Train.
- Check in at the hotel in Christchurch and embark on a city tour. Explore museums, art centres, botanic gardens and more on this comprehensive sightseeing tour of the city. Later that day, climb aboard the tour bus and cross over the Avon River at the Bridge of Remembrance, whose stone archway serves as a World War I memorial. Arrive at the Christchurch Arts Centre and spend some time investigating an expansive Maori exhibit or the largest collection of artefacts from early Antarctic explorations. Then visit the city’s famous botanic garden. * Continuing south, climb into the Port Hills and take a break at Sign of the Takahe taking in expansive views of the Southern Alps and the green patchwork of farms that make up the Canterbury Plains.
- Have lunch and dinner at a restaurant.
- Stay overnight in Christchurch.
- Have a buffet breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out from the hotel and be transferred to the airport for a flight back home.