The Hotel: Merrijig Motor Inn Resort & High Country Hotel
Merrijig Motor Inn offers a warm dose of hospitality in Victoria’s high country. Located on the banks of the Delatite River, just 15 minutes from Mansfield and 10 minutes to the Mt Buller Entry gate, the resort makes for an ideal base for skiing in the wintertime and trekking, mountain biking adventures, and winery visits in the summer. Guests can relax and unwind by the open fire whilst enjoying at the new Gin and Whiskey Bar onsite in the restaurant. If the weather permits, there’s an outdoor dining garden equipped with barbecue facilities, swimming pool, tennis court and a trampoline for the kids. The Motor Inn also backs onto the Delatite River with access from the property to picnic and fishing spots along its shore. When the snow arrives, guests can hire ski equipment with a 20% discount.
Large, comfortable, and well-appointed rooms offer a place to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the high country. All rooms are equipped with modern facilities and have everything needed during a mountain escape, including a fan and a heater. When hunger strikes, appetites can be satisfied at the on-site restaurant. Guests can also make use of the discount breakfast voucher and start the day from the Breakfast Menu.
- Bed size: King bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- The king room features a private bathroom, TV with DVD player, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and a bar fridge
- Bed size: Queen bed and two sets of single bunks
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Six people
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per person per night, payable direct to property
- The family room has a private bathroom, TV with DVD player, lounge, dining table, basic kitchenette with microwave, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and a bar fridge
The Area: Merrijig, Mount Buller Victoria
Nestled quietly in Victorian High Country, Merrijig tempts visitors with its picturesque scenery and host of outdoor activities on offer. With equally close distance from Mt Buller and Mansfield, the small town provides an ideal spot to stay for easy access to either. A hidden gem in the High Country of Victoria, areas near the town were chosen to feature in the 1982 Australian classic, The Man From Snowy River. The scenery is best explored through bushwalking and horse riding, with a range of trail ride companies operating in the area. With Delatite River running through the town, visitors can enjoy a picnic or spot of fishing from the banks.