The Hotel: Mountway Holiday Apartments
Boasting a picturesque setting between Kings Park and the CBD, Mountway Holiday Apartments houses 69 self-contained studio apartments. An extensive outdoor barbecue area provides guests with a place to host their own get-togethers, while many restaurants and entertainment venues are located just a few minutes’ walk away.
Groupies can settle into air-conditioned apartments which come kitted out with kitchens, private bathrooms, TVs with Foxtel, and balconies with panoramic views of the city.
- Bed size/type: One double bed or two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- The apartment features air conditioning, kitchen with microwave, toaster, and fridge, private bathroom, and a balcony
- Bed size/type: One double bed and two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people (two adults and two children under 12 years old)
- Maximum occupancy: Four people (two adults and two children under 12 years old)
- Single-space studio room with air conditioning, kitchen facilities, private bathroom, and a balcony
The Area: Perth, WA
The hotel is ideally placed to enjoy all that the Perth CBD has to offer, but also provides a great base for travelling further afield to funky inner-city suburbs and the beach. Travellers will enjoy discovering the many small bars and restaurants in the heart of the city, or can hop over the railway line into Northbridge for a dinner in Chinatown followed by a tour through the larger nightspots. By day the city is home to superb shopping, whether it’s the designer boutiques of King Street or offbeat treasures to be found on William Street.
A wander by the Swan River to the iconic Bell Tower provides more than a few picture-perfect moments, while a visit to Kings Park is not to be missed for its unique wildflowers and rolling green lawns. It’s well worth checking what theatre or music events are currently in town, as the Perth Concert Hall, State Theatre and His Majesty’s Theatre are all close by. But for that quintessential Perth experience, travellers can’t go past a trip to Cottesloe beach at sunset for simple fish and chips.