One-Day Thredbo Snow Tour
Embark on a wintertime adventure during an overnight trip to Thredbo. Whether on ski, on a snowboard, with own or hired gear, Thredbo is a great place for a wintertime fun for all the outdoorsy types..
- 11pm (Parramatta) or 11.20pm (Sydney City) - Pick-up from either Sydney City (Haymarket) or Parramatta. Arrive 20 minutes before departure to meet the guide and pick the right place in the bus
- 5.00am - After the overnight drive along the Hume Highway, arrive in Jindabyne at dawn and pick up the ski gear, when needed (at traveller’s own cost) and enjoy a morning coffee just before the disembarking in Thredbo
- 7am - Arrive in Thredbo and enjoy the shimmering white slopes during over 7 hours of leisure time
- 3pm - Come to the meetup point to board the return bus to Sydney or Parramatta
- 6.45pm - Grab a dinner at one of your favourite chain restaurants during a 40-minute break en route
- 9.45pm - Arrive back to the departure point in Sydney or Parramatta
- Sydney Haymarket: Corner of Darling Drive and Ultimo Road, Haymarket
- Parramatta Westfield: Corner of Argyle Street & Church Street, Parramatta
The Area: Jindabyne and Thredbo
Jindabyne is the gateway to the Snowy Mountains region and Mount Kosciuszko National Park, with something for serenity seekers and adventurous spirits alike. Jindabyne comes to life in the wintertime when thousands of skiers come down out of the mountains each night to eat, drink and make merry. It is no less lively in the summer months, when wildflowers bloom across broad alpine meadows, and the sun transforms the mountains into an ideal place for walkers, horse riders, fishing enthusiasts, and Groupies who just want to relax.
No matter the time of year, there are plenty of action-packed activities taking place in Thredbo Village. Skiing and snowboarding are the obvious options for winter, with the ski slopes open for kids and adults alike, and varied terrain for snow bunnies of all experience levels. When the sun comes out and the snow melts away, jump on a mountain bike, go for a walk, play a round of golf, or enjoy bird’s eye mountain views from the chairlift.