Pettitts India invites Groupies to embark on the classic Golden Triangle route through Northern India, complemented with a visit to the captivating city of Pushkar, the magnificent jungle of the Ranthambore National Park and the holy city of Varanasi. During the journey, holidaymakers will get a chance to see some of the most astonishing monuments of the country, spot some wild animals and learn more about India’s spiritual life.
Day 1: Arrival in Delhi
- Be greeted by the tour operator’s representative at the airport and be transferred to the hotel for an overnight stay
Day 2: Old and New Delhi (breakfast included)
- After breakfast, join a tour of Old and New Delhi Visit Red Fort, the Jama mosque and the Raj Ghat, the cremation place of Mahatma Gandhi
- Continue to New Delhi to see the Connaught Place, the India Gate and the parliament house
- After lunch (not included in the deal price), visit the Humayun’s tomb, the Lodhi Garden, the Lotus Temple and the Qutub Minar
Day 3: Delhi to Jaipur (breakfast included)
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and board the transfer to Jaipur.
- Check in to the hotel and relax or venture out to explore the local markets
Day 4: Jaipur (breakfast included)
- Enjoy a full-day city tour of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan; in the morning, head to the Amer Fort. In the afternoon, discover Hawa Mahal the Nahargarh Fort and the Jal Mahal
- Later on, visit the Jantar Mantar, an astronomical observatory from the 18th century, and head to the Jaipur’s gorgeous Monkey Temple
Day 5: Jaipur to Pushkar (breakfast included)
- After breakfast, take a journey to Pushkar and check in to the hotel
Day 6: Pushkar (breakfast included)
In the morning, visit the Pushkar Lake and the temple, the single sanctuary of Brahma in the world. Later, head to the Pushkar Cattle Fair, held once a year, famous for its camel trade. Explore the city in leisure or relax at the hotel during the rest of the day.
Day 7: Pushkar to Ranthambore (breakfast included)
- After breakfast, journey to Ranthambore. Arrive and check in to the hotel
Day 8: Ranthambore safari excursion (breakfast included)
- Early morning, ride an open-roof car to the Ranthambore Jungle to spot tigers and the lush wildlife. Return to the hotel for breakfast and enjoy some leisure time. After lunch (not included), join another excursion to the heart of the jungle.
Day 9: Ranthambore to Agra (breakfast included)
- After breakfast, drive to Agra. En route, enjoy a visit to the abandoned Mughal capital of Fatehpur Sikri. On arrival in Agra, visit Agra Fort and Mehtab Bagh.
Day 10: Agra/Delhi to Varanasi (breakfast included)
- Visit the astonishing Taj Mahal right at sunrise and return to the hotel for breakfast. Later on, drive to the train station in either Agra or Delhi (subject to the availability of tickets) to board the overnight train to Varanasi
Day 11: Varanasi
- Arrive at the train station and be greeted by the driver. In the evening, experience the Ganga Aarti ritual at the riverfront
Day 12: Varanasi and Sarnath (breakfast included)
- Early morning, embark on a boat ride on the Ganges to watch devotees offering water to the Sun God and taking a holy dip in the river water.
- Later on, visit the Kashi Vishwanath temple, Annapurna Temple, the Bharat Mata temple, Sankat Mochan (Hanuman temple), Manas Mandir and the university site.
- In the afternoon, embark on a trip to Sarnath, known to be the site of the first sermon of Buddha, commemorated with a number of ancient stupas. Visit the local archaeological museum. In the evening, drive to the train station for an overnight ride to Delhi.
Day 13: Delhi
- Arrive in Delhi and check in to the hotel for an overnight stay. Relax at the hotel.
Day 14: Delhi (breakfast included)
- Enjoy a day of leisure in India’s capital city.
Day 15: Delhi (breakfast included)
- Check out from the hotel and board the transfer vehicle to the airport