The Hotel: Rubicon Hotel
Located just over an hour from the Mt Buller region, the Rubicon Hotel is the ideal hub for couples and families to base their escape in country Victoria. Close to a range of scenic sights, and a popular fishing spot, the family owned and operated hotel also offers a restaurant and entertainment facilities.
Each room features a television with Foxtel, electric blankets, toaster and refrigerator. Family units also boast a microwave and ironing facilities
On-site customers can find a family friendly bistro. The complex also includes a sports bar, TAB facilities, post office and Thirsty Camel Bottle Shop. Continental breakfast packs can be purchased from reception.
- One queen bed or two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two adults and one child (under 12 years old)
- The room features en suite bathroom, bar fridge, LCD TV, electric blankets, toaster and kettle
- These rooms are partially refurbished
Three-Bedroom Family Unit
- Three queen beds or two queen beds and two single beds or queen bed and four single beds or six single beds
- Standard occupancy: Two to six people
- Maximum occupancy: Six adults and one infant
- The room features main bathroom, bar fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave, LCD TV, split system air conditioning, electric blankets and ironing facilities
- Fully refurbished
The Area: Mt Buller, VIC
Mount Buller is a scenic three-hour drive from Melbourne, and is the most accessible alpine resort in Australia. Visitors breathe in the fresh alpine air and enjoy breathtaking views in both summer and winter months. Mt Buller provides a range of activities for the warmer months, including food and wine events and motor sports. During winter, the mountain hosts 300 hectares of terrain that suits skiers and snowboarders of all abilities. With 22 lifts, sightseers have some of the most spectacular views on hand. There are over 30 cafés and restaurants to choose from to warm up and refuel, and a variety of accommodation options for those looking to extend their stay.