Adrenaline seekers are transported to the steep ravines of Ubud. After getting kitted out with safety gear, a local guide will share their expertise. Then it’s time for you to jump on a bike and cycle across multiple terrains, taking in volcano and rice field views. After four hours of cycling, stop for a bit of lunch before preparing for a two-hour ATV drive across the jungle.
Groupies are advised to bring their own sunscreen, flip-flops and a change of clothes.
- 7am: hotel pick-up (Seminyak, Kuta, Tuban, Jimbaran, Sanur, Ubud, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua)
- 8am: hotel pick-up (Ubud area)
- 9am: arrive at the start point and prepare safety equipment with instructions from the guide, followed by small breakfast (coffee/tea, cake/traditional Balinese cake)
- 10am-2pm: Enjoy the journey, take memorable pictures of the volcano, rice terraces, traditional Balinese villages and beautiful sceneries
- 2pm-3pm: Relax and have lunch in the rest area • 3pm: Continue to ATV (the same location as the finish point for cycling) and prepare safety equipment with instructions from the leader • 3pm-5pm: Enjoy the adventure in the mud of rice field, a small river, jungle and off village roads • 5pm: Shower and relaxation • 6pm: Drop-off at your hotel
The Area: Ubud, Bali
With beautiful beaches and verdant rice terraces, traditional villages and magnificent cliff-top temples, Bali is the ultimate tropical escape. The lush environment around Ubud in the island’s centre feels a million miles away from the hubbub of the coast. Here among the palm trees, honeymooners and relaxation-seekers discover a private retreat.
Perched on the gentle slopes leading up towards the central mountains, Ubud, the artist’s community, overlooks natural forest and emerald green cascades of rice paddies that have existed for centuries. Temples, ancient sites and villages brimming with culture make up the region, providing visitors with more of an authentic cultural experience. Here among the palm trees and lush surrounds, relaxation-seekers discover a serene oasis. See volcanic peaks and valleys or instead go west to view the cliff top temple of Tanah Lot by sunset. Explore the picturesque local countryside by bicycle, or head to the village to shop for local silver, silk, wood carvings and artworks. A visit to the Monkey Forest is a must-see highlight in the area.