The Experience: Two-Day Sunover by Starlight and Moore Reef Tour
Participants to this two-day experience have a chance to discover the Great Barrier Reef, gaze at the ocean starlight spectacle and engage in a range of adventure activities tailored to the needs of children and adults alike. Departing from Cairns, guests are transferred to the Moore Reef, where a specially-designed multi-level pontoon boasting a sun deck awaits them. On board, there is a theme-park style water slide, a pool for children and an underwater observatory. Adventure lovers can enjoy snorkelling (with snorkelling gear included and lycra or wetsuits available at an additional cost) and take part in a guided glass bottom boat tour and semi-submersible tour. Dining is also provided, including a tropical hot and cold buffet lunch, BBQ dinner and breakfast. After the sun sets, you will experience the reef environment exclusively with your own deluxe swag and the southern night skies and the gentle sound of water lapping to lull you to sleep. Wake to a brilliant tropical sunrise, breakfast and a private guided snorkel tour and glass bottom boat tour before your second full day at Moore Reef. Pack sunscreen, a hat, some swimming gear and a beach towel, a warm jacket and a camera, and embark on an epic ocean discovery experience.
Pack sunscreen, a hat, some swimming gear and a beach towel, a warm jacket and a camera, and embark on an epic ocean discovery experience!
8.30am: Check-in opens
9.15am: Boarding closes
9.30am: Boat departs
10.15am: Drop off/Pick up Fitzroy Island
11.30am: Arrive at Moore Reef – 4 hrs reef time
3.30pm: Day guests depart Moore Reef
Glass bottom boat tour and / or guided snorkel tour
5.00pm: Food platters served followed by BBQ Dinner and time to relax on the pontoon including stargazing (weather permitting)
Wake up to a stunning sunset followed by breakfast
Glass bottom boat tour and / or guided snorkel tour
11.30am: day guests arrive at Moore Reef – 4 hrs reef time
3.30pm: Depart Moore Reef
4.15pm: Drop off/pick up Fitzroy Island
5.30pm: Return to Cairns
Discover the Great Barrier Reef thanks to this two-day experience packed with activities, such as snorkelling or a glass bottom boat tour
What You Get
$439 for a two-day cruise for one person (up to $549 value)
Travel to Moore Reef on fast air-conditioned catamaran
Complimentary tea & coffee upon boarding vessel & prior to pontoon departure
4 hour reef time at pontoon
Tropical buffet lunch including fresh prawns, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruits
Full access to theme park Waterslide - The only Waterslide on the Great Barrier Reef!
Snorkelling enclosures with rest stations
Fully enclosed ocean kids pool
Glass bottom boat tours
Marine naturalist presentations
All snorkelling equipment & expert instruction
Marine life touch tank
Fish feeding presentations
Gourmet cheese and fruit platters
3 course BBQ dinner
Cooked buffet breakfast
Private snorkel tour
Private Glass Bottom Boat Tour
All bedding and bed linen, including deluxe swag / pillow / blanket / bed sheet
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Earned when a user has written 5 or more reviews
Want to earn this badge? Share 3 or more photos
Earned when a user has gotten 2 or more helpful votes
The Fine Print
• Due to restrictions in place to comply with social distancing some amenities at this property may not be available for use during your stay. Please check with the property upon check-in for their latest information • Blackout dates apply and bookings are subject to availability
• Deal is valid for 1 person
• Strictly no cancellations once booking is confirmed
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Weather statement: On occasion weather and sea conditions can cause cancellation or changes to the scheduled tour, overnight stay, itinerary and activities. Cancellation of tour, or any of its components is at the complete discretion of Sunlover Reef Cruises Operations.
• The minimum number of cruise participants is 4, the maximum capacity is 18
• Minimum age for Sunlover by Starlight is 12 years old. Children under 18 must be accompanies by an adult carer
• All overnight guests must complete a medical disclosure form prior to departure. Incomplete forms may result in the cancellation of the overnight portion of the tour
• On occasion, weather and sea conditions can cause cancellation or changes to the scheduled tour, overnight stay, itinerary and/or activities. Cancellation of tour or any of its components is at the complete discretion of Sunlover Reef Cruises Operations
• Optional extras including diving are not permitted after the vessels departure from the pontoon for the afternoon until its return the following day
• Sunlover by Starlight operates within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and adheres to strict environmental guidelines. Overnight guests will be provided with phosphate-free and biodegradable body wash
• Bringing alcohol onto the vessel or pontoon is prohibited and all luggage may be subject to inspection upon boarding.
• Alcohol & other beverages may be purchased from the bar by overnight guests prior to the vessels departure.
• Purchase of alcohol will be limited to 4 standard drinks per overnight guest.
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here