The Hotel: The Sebel Residences - Melbourne Docklands
Occupying nine buildings on the Docklands NewQuay Promenade, The Sebel Residences offer private residence-style apartments, consisting of up to three bedrooms. The apartments boast a convenient location close to numerous shopping, dining and entertainment venues on the doorstep. Guests will be also just a short drive from the CBD with all its attractions. The complex sits within easy access to main transport links and is set about a 10-minute walk from the Etihad Stadium.
Holidaymakers unwind in a choice of One- or Two-Bedroom Waterview Apartment, both complete with a balcony. The apartments are air-conditioned and boast separate bathrooms, spacious living areas and fully equipped kitchens. Guests can also relax in front of an LCD TV with cable channels available or admire the surrounding area from behind the window and soak in the harbourside ambience of the place.
One-Bedroom Standard Apartment
- Bed size/type: Queen bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Two people
- The apartment features a separate bedroom with a queen bed, fully equipped kitchen with full-size fridge, oven, cooktop, microwave, utensils, cutlery, and crockery. It boasts open plan living and dining areas with a dining table, lounge, TV and Foxtel. It also contains laundry facilities including a washing machine and dryer. All apartments open onto a private balcony.
Two-Bedroom Waterview Apartment
- Bed size/type: Queen and double bed or two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Four people
- Maximum occupancy: Four people
- The apartment offers panoramic views of the harbour or marina. These apartments include a queen and double bed (or two single beds, subject to availability), fully-equipped kitchen, open-plan living and dining areas, and laundry facilities.
The Area: Melbourne, VIC
Dubbed Australia’s fashion capital, Melbourne boasts a strong coffee and cafe culture and a solid array of boutique fashion stores. Spend the day wandering between the cafe-lined alleyways, shopping for boutique and vintage clothes, and discovering hidden galleries and rooftop bars. Pack a romantic picnic and spend another day relaxing among the flowers and leafy trees in Botanic Gardens. A stroll along the Yarra River also provides plenty of photo opportunities. From Richmond, the CBD lies only a short drive away and tempts keen shoppers and foodies alike. Shopping fanatics can keep themselves entertained with a trip to Collins Street, a luxurious strand housing local markets, galleries, boutiques and cafes. Often regarded as Australia’s premier street, Collins Street is the domain of historical Victorian-era architecture, luxury boutiques including Prada, Dior and Cartier and the financial district of Melbourne. Head to the ‘Paris end’ of the street for a look at ancient buildings, all holding onto memories of former days while still staying poised for daily tourists’ photo snaps.