Travellers can discover the gems of China during this six-night tour visiting Chongqing, Tianjin, and Beijing, the country’s capital city and heartland. Holidaymakers will have the opportunity to visit the famous Tiananmen Square and The Forbidden City, as well as walk along The Great Wall of China and see how the tea is picked at the local tea plantations. The tour will lead participants through the ancient sites, modern streets and natural landscapes alike. The tour also includes a visit to the Chongqing Zoo’s breeding center, home to the rare giant pandas, and the famous the charming streets of Tianjin.
Day 1, Friday, Depart Australia for Chongqing:
- Start the adventure with the international flight to Chongqing.
Day 2, Saturday, Chongqing Arrival:
- Arrive in Chongqing and be transferred to the hotel for an overnight stay; leisure time for the rest of the day
Please note that due to the flight schedule and departing times, arrival might be on the same day late at night (Day 1); accommodation will be provided.
Day 3, Sunday, Chongqing - city tour, the giant panda viewing, Chongqing - Tianjin (breakfast, lunch, and dinner):
- Get to know the modern Chongqing with a guided tour covering its most important landmarks; get close up with the rare giant pandas at Chongqing Zoo’s breeding center, stroll around the ornamental gardens and bridges of Eling Park and explore Ciqikou, an authentic old-time village on Chongqing’s fringes
- After lunch, transfer to Chongqing Airport for a departure to the Ford of Heaven city, Tianjin and transfer to a hotel after arrival
- According to flight availability you may be transferred by flight from Chongqing to Tianjin on Day 4 in the morning
Day 4, Monday, Tianjin - Beijing, Temple of Heaven, Hutong (breakfast and lunch):
- Start the day with Tai Chi in the Temple of Heaven and then proceed for a Hutong tour to visit a local family for lunch and get to know the Hutong neighbourhood in a rickshaw
Day 5, Tuesday, Beijing - The Great Wall (breakfast and lunch):
- The journey continues to the rugged mountain landscapes north of the city to the Great Wall of China, one of the wonders of the world
- Learn more about Jade, China’s most precious and celebrated stone, and its manufacturing process at the largest Jade factory in Beijing
- Opt for a tour of the Summer Palace, a massive garden and summer resort for royal members only during the imperial times
Day 6, Wednesday, Beijing- Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City, Beijing - Tianjin (breakfast and lunch):
- Discover Beijing’s imperial treasures, starting from Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas in the world, before heading to the Forbidden City, once the exclusive domain of the Ming Dynasty
- Experience an oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre where with a chance to consult a Chinese medical professional and get more insight into alternative treatments
- In the evening, head to Tianjin and take a personalised walk around the Five Great Avenues, Ancient Culture Street, Italian Style Street, and Porcelain House visit
Day 7, Thursday, Departure
- Be transferred to the airport for your scheduled flight home