Travellers can discover the gems of China during this seven-night tour visiting Gubei Water Town, Qingdao, and Beijing, the country’s capital city and heartland. Holidaymakers will have the opportunity to visit the famous Tiananmen Square and walk along The Great Wall of China. The tour will lead participants through the ancient sites, modern streets and natural landscapes alike.
Day 1, Sunday (in-flight meal)
Start the adventure with the international flight to Beijing and be transferred to the hotel upon arrival
Day 2, Monday (B, L and D)
See the 2008 Olympic Games site before heading to a jade factory to learn more about China’s most precious and celebrated stone and its manufacturing process
After lunch, head through the rugged mountain landscapes north of the city to the Great Wall of China, one of the wonders of the world
Then, continue the journey to Gubei Water Town for an overnight stay
Day 3, Tuesday (B)
Discover the charm of the ancient Gubei Water Town with its mountain landscapes and traditional architecture
In the evening, opt to take part in additional activities
Day 4, Wednesday (B)
In the morning, enjoy some leisure time or choose an optional tour to the Little Potala Palace in Chengde, boasting a fusion of Chinese and Tibetan architectural styles.
Later on, visit the Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas in the world
Experience an oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre where with a chance to consult a Chinese medical professional and get more insight into alternative treatments
Day 5, Thursday (B)
Be transferred from Beijing to Qingdao by bullet train. Explore Qingdao, known as the pearl of the Yellow Sea;
Day 6, Friday (B, L)
In the morning, continue to explore Qingdao: join Qingdao Beer Museum and enjoy beer tasting at Tsingtao Brewery; then see the Zhan Bridge, a well-known cross-sea bridge and the city’s landmark
Days 7 and 8 (B)
Be transferred to the airport for the overnight flight home
Please note, the tour Itinerary is subject to change without prior notice based upon weather and traffic conditions and other unforeseen occurrences.
What You Get
$999 per person, twin share for a seven-night China tour with flights departing Sydney and Melbourne (up to $1,999 value)
Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
Single supplement (one person travelling alone): $300 payable at time of booking
Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
Included in all options:
English-speaking local guides
Sightseeing and entry fees listed on the itinerary
Airlines taxes and surcharges
Gratuities and tipping for tour guides
Return international flights (economy class) departure from Melbourne or Sydney
6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
2 nights in Beijing – Chunhuiyuan Resort or similar
2 nights in Gubei Water Town – Gubei Water Town Hotel or similar
2 nights Qingdao – Grand Mercure Qingdao Nanshan Resort or similar
Transportation by private A/C vehicles
Roundtrip airport transfer
All domestic transportation in China
Visa fees and requirements (a visa for China is a strict requirement)
Meals/beverages not stated in the itinerary
Departure city surcharge
Travel insurance (highly recommended)
The Fine Print
Fixed travel dates in 2019:
24, 31 Mar
7,14 (SOLD OUT), 21, 28 Apr
5, 12, 19, 26 May
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 Jun
18, 25 Aug
1, 8, 15 Sep
• Deal is valid for 1 person based on 2 people travelling together (twin share)
• Customers can purchase multiple vouchers
• Max 1 voucher per departure
• Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
• Based on two people sharing, single supplement of $300 applies
• Flights depart Sydney or Melbourne and include 20kg check luggage
• Departures from Brisbane or Perth available at $350 per person
• Return city or date change incurs a $200 per person surcharge
• Once the airline ticket is issued the promotional tour is fully non-refundable.
• An early arrival is not available for this tour.
• No child discounts are available for this package.
• The itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather and traffic conditions, and other unforeseen occurrences.
• Rooms are subject to availability. If the desired hotel is not available, we will book an alternate, comparable hotel at no additional cost.
• All prices are in Australian dollars unless stated otherwise.
• The reservation form must be completed within 30 days of the reservation being made. All travellers must complete the reservation form with full names as shown on each traveller's passport and passport copies. Otherwise, may not be able to guarantee the selected travel date.
• Group size: 10-40
• Groupon strongly encourages all travelers to check official advice available at smartraveller.gov.au prior to purchasing this deal
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover (covering lost baggage, accidents, and trip cancellation/interruption) after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here