Experience life alongside the River Yangtze with this six-day tour including a four-night cruise. In leisure time, make the most of onboard facilities or opt for a variety of additional excursions to get more insight into the local history or culture.
Day 1: Arrival in Chengdu
Fly to Chengdu and be transferred to the hotel. Enjoy time to rest, relax and unwind.
Day 2: Chengdu-Yichang (breakfast, dinner)
Transfer to Yichang Pier where the cruise starts.
Day 3: Yangtze River Cruise (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Start the day with a breakfast buffet and exercises on board. In the evening, enjoy the Captain’s Welcome Banquet.
The Tribe of the Three Gorges Tour - learn more about the ancient past of the region with visiting historical villages and tribes
The Three Gorges Dam Site Tour - see the biggest hydropower project in the world and opt to experience the world’s largest ship lock lift
Day 4: Yangtze River Cruise (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Continue the cruise to the western section of Xiling gorge.
Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges (subject to the cruise)- see the picturesque scenery of sheer cliffs and mountains
White Emperor City - visit an ancient temple perched on the top of the Baidi Mountain and take in the panoramic views of the Three Gorges
Day 5: Yangtze River Cruise (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Sail further, passing through the Eastern Sichuan mountains; make the most of the onboard facilities and enjoy farewell dinner in the evening.
Sshibaozhai Pagoda - visit the nine-story pagoda boasting a history of over 400 years
Fengdu Ghost City - learn more about the folk culture, Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism with a visit to Fengdu Ghost City in Chongqing
Day 6 and 7: Chongqing (breakfast)
Disembark the cruise ship at Chongqing, also known as the Mountain City; transfer to the airport for the flight back.
Travellers can also choose to extend their stay and visit other cities; please enquire when booking.
Enjoy a five-night tour to get to know the city of Chengdu, cruise the waters of Yangtze and opt for additional tours; flights included
What You Get
$999 per person, twin share for a six-day Chengdu and Yangtze Tour tour with flights (up to $1,999 value)
Price is per person, based on twin share (two people travelling together)
Single supplement (one person travelling alone): $350 payable at time of booking
Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here
Return international flights from Melbourne or Sydney
1-night twin share hotel accommodation in Chengdu
4-night twin share cruise accommodation
Transfers in China
Services of local English-speaking guides
Meals as per the itinerary
Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Single supplement upgrades, add-on excursions, optional tours and evening entertainment
The Fine Print
• Fixed travel dates in 2019:
- 7 Jun (SOLD OUT)
- 26 Jul (high season)
- 16, 23, 30 Aug (SOLD OUT)
- 6, 13, 20, 27 Sep (high season) (SOLD OUT)
- 4, 11, 18 (SOLD OUT), 25 Oct
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Nov (SOLD OUT)
- 5, 12, 19, 26 November
• Fixed travel dates in 2020:
- 20, 27 March
- 3 April
- 8, 22 May
- 5 June
- 24 July
- 7, 14 August
- 4, 11 September
- 9, 23 October
- 6 November
• $200 per person high season surcharge (July and September 2019 only)
• Deal is valid for 1 person based on 2 people travelling together (twin share)
• Customers can purchase multiple vouchers
• Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay; max. 1 voucher per departure • Flights depart Melbourne or Sydney departure and include 20 kg check-in luggage
• There is a $350 surcharge for Perth and Brisbane departures
• Based on two people sharing, single supplement of $350 applies, payable on booking
• Return date change will incur charge of $200 per person before the air ticket has been issued and is subject to airline availability
• No child discount on special deal
• Itinerary scheduled activities are subject to change without prior notice based upon weather, traffic, etc
• Groupon strongly encourages all travelers to check official advice available at smartraveller.gov.au prior to purchasing this deal
• Travel insurance not included; customers are advised to purchase appropriate cover after booking
• Read more about purchase options and common Travel Terms here