Experience life alongside the River Yangtze with this six-day tour including a four-night cruise. In leisure time, make the most of onboard facilities or opt for a variety of additional excursions to get more insight into the local history or culture.
Day 1: Arrival in Chengdu
Fly to Chengdu and be transferred to the hotel. Enjoy time to rest, relax and unwind.
Day 2: Chengdu-Yichang (breakfast, dinner)
Transfer to Yichang Pier where the cruise starts.
Day 3: Yangtze River Cruise (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Start the day with a breakfast buffet and exercises on board. In the evening, enjoy the Captain’s Welcome Banquet.
- The Tribe of the Three Gorges Tour - learn more about the ancient past of the region with visiting historical villages and tribes
The Three Gorges Dam Site Tour - see the biggest hydropower project in the world and opt to experience the world’s largest ship lock lift
- Day 4: Yangtze River Cruise (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Continue the cruise to the western section of Xiling gorge.
- Shennong Stream or Lesser Three Gorges (subject to the cruise)- see the picturesque scenery of sheer cliffs and mountains
- White Emperor City - visit an ancient temple perched on the top of the Baidi Mountain and take in the panoramic views of the Three Gorges
Day 5: Yangtze River Cruise (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Sail further, passing through the Eastern Sichuan mountains; make the most of the onboard facilities and enjoy farewell dinner in the evening.
- Sshibaozhai Pagoda - visit the nine-story pagoda boasting a history of over 400 years
- Fengdu Ghost City - learn more about the folk culture, Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism with a visit to Fengdu Ghost City in Chongqing
Day 6 and 7: Chongqing (breakfast)
Disembark the cruise ship at Chongqing, also known as the Mountain City; transfer to the airport for the flight back. Travellers can also choose to extend their stay and visit other cities; please enquire when booking.