Embark on this 13-day adventure and explore natural wonders of the Yosemite National Park, soak in breathtaking views of the Grand Canyon, and venture through the unique sandstone formations in Arches National Park. After delving deep into nature in the famous US national parks, experience the vibrant city life in Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world that mesmerises travellers with its luxury hotels, casino complexes and fantasy-like environment.
- San Francisco - Red Lion Hotel
- Fresno - Radisson Hotel
- Las Vegas - West gate Hotel & Casino
- Moab - La Quinta Inn & Suite
- Bryce - Bryce View Lodge
- Page - Quality Inn
- Las Vegas - Treasure Island Hotel & Casino
Please note: Accommodation/rooms offered similar if the above not available are based on a lead-in room type, and are subject to availability based on seasonality. Properties will be confirmed, no later than two weeks prior to travel.
Day 1: San Francisco
- Option 1: make your way to the hotel in San Francisco (airport transfers not included for this option)
- Option 2: Depart for San Francisco, USA (in-flight meals included), upon arrival SFO International airport, meet the tour guide and be transferred to the hotel.
Day 2 (B, L): San Francisco
Discover picturesque and culturally diverse city of San Francisco. Highlights include Civic Center, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Fisherman’s Wharf, Market Street and Chinatown.
Day 3 (B, L): San Francisco, Yosemite National Park
Explore one of the most well-known national parks in the west of the USA, Yosemite National Park. Arrive at the park in the afternoon and discover the following highlights: Tunnel View, Bridal Veil Falls, El Captain, Merced River, Yosemite Falls, HalfDome. After that, head to Fresno for an overnight stay.
Day 4 (B, D): Fresno, Calico Ghost Town, Las Vegas
- In the morning, visit Calico, an old west mining town dating back to 1881. Afterwards, head to Las Vegas for an overnight stay.
Day 5 (B): Las Vegas, Historic Route 66, Grand Canyon South Rim
- Today visit the Grand Canyon, a designated World Heritage Site, and pass by the famous Route 66. Upon arrival at the majestic Grand Canyon South Rim, enjoy the dramatic view of the deep inner gorge of the Colorado River. At an additional expense, explore the canyon by helicopter.
Day 6 (B, L): Monument Valley, Gooseneck State Park
- After breakfast, visit Monument Valley, a famous red desert region, characterized by a cluster of vast and iconic sandstone buttes, mesas and spires. On the spot, take a jeep ride to see the famous sites and have some barbecue for lunch. Head towards Gooseneck, an example of an entrenched river meander.
Day 7 (B): Arches National Park, Bryce
- In the morning, head to the world-known Arches National Park, which contains the largest concentrations of natural sandstone arches in the world. See the following sites: Park Avenue, Court House, Double Arch, South/North windows, and Delicate Arch. Enjoy lodging in Bryce.
Day 8 (B) Bryce Canyon National Park, Lake Powell
- In the early morning, admire the sunrise in the Bryce Canyon. Explore Bryce Canyon National Park known for the formations collectively called “hoodoos,” arranged and tinted in various colours. In the afternoon, visit Lake Powell, a reservoir on the Colorado River, set between Utah and Arizona. Stay overnight at Page.
Day 9 (B) Upper Antelope Canyon, Las Vegas
- In the morning head to Antelope Canyon, known as a slot canyon in which rainwater runs into the extensive basin above the slot canyon sections. then continue to Las Vegas. Enjoy a city walk and visit the newest casinos from Bellagio, Venetian, MGM Grand, The Mirage, and more. Take a stroll downtown and view a light show that spans an entire street (optional night tour). Stay overnight in Las Vegas.
Day 10 (B) Las Vegas
- Enjoy a day at leisure in the vibrant city of Las Vegas.
Days 11-13 (B) Las Vegas, Departure Home
- Option 1: The tour will end this morning and participants will make their own arrangements for onwards travel plans
- Option 2: Today, participants make their way to Mc Carran International Airport (flight dependent) for the flight back to Australia. Due to the time difference, travellers will be arriving Australia 2 days later on day 13.