With this 11-day tour package, Travel Asia invites Groupies to discover the various facets of China on a journey along the Yellow Sea coast. From the grand monuments and public spaces of Beijing and its region, through the enchanting gardens, temples and canals of Hangzhou and Suzhou to the charms of the cosmopolitan Shanghai, this getaway is a showcase of the multiple lifestyles that Chinese culture and heritage have to offer.
Day 1 Fri - Beijing Arrival
- The tour begins with an international flight to Beijing. Upon arrival, guests be met by your tour guide and transferred to the hotel.
Day 2 Sat - Beijing - Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City (Breakfast)
- Travellers will have a choice to explore the city on their own or join an optional tour to the Forbidden City, once the exclusive domain of the Ming Dynasty, and to the imposing Tiananmen Square
Day 3 Sun - Beijing - The Great Wall (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- The tour will continue with a trip to the mountain areas outside Beijing - the site of the mighty Great Wall. Travellers will also visit a jade factory and receive a traditional Chinese feet massage.
Day 4 Mon - Beijing – Hangzhou (Breakfast, Lunch)
- In the morning, guests will have a choice to join an optional tour to the Temple of Heaven and practice some TaiChi under careful guidance.
Day 5 Tue - Hangzhou - West Lake, Tea Village (Breakfast, Lunch)
Travellers will embark on a journey to the city of Hangzhou, famous for its scenic landscapes and an abundance of temples, pagodas, pavilions, gardens, causeways and artificial islands, and visit a local tea plantation to learn about tea picking and processing.
Optionally, guests can also enjoy evening entertainment - a Song Dynasty Show.
Day 6 Wed - Suzhou - Master of Nets Garden (Breakfast, Lunch)
- The day will start with a transfer to Suzhou, where travellers will visit the Master of Nets Garden, known as one of the most beautiful gardens in China
- Optionally, guests can take a boat ride along the Suzhou’s Grand Canal to admire UNESCO World Heritage-listed ancient neighbourhoods.
Day 7 Thu - Suzhou to Shanghai - Nanjing Walking District, The Bund (Breakfast, Lunch)
- In the morning, travellers can enjoy a visit to a silk factory. Afterwards, a transfer bus will take them to Shanghai.
- Upon arrival, the guided tour will lead them through the Nanjing walking district and the Bund waterfront area
- Optionally, travellers can embark on a Huangpu River Cruise along some of the iconic landmarks of the city
Day 8-9 Fri-Sat Shanghai (Breakfast)
- Guests will be able to enjoy a day of leisure or opt for a guided tour to Xintiandi, an old stone housing area or to experience a maglev superfast train ride, dashing at up to 380km per hour
Day 10 Sun Shanghai (Breakfast)
- Travellers will be transferred to the airport for a travel back home
Day 11 Mon
- Arrival back home
- In Beijing: Riverside Hotel Beijing or similar
- In Hangzhou: Hangzhou Holiday Inn Xiaoshan or similar
- In Suzhou: Suzhou Holiday Inn Huirong Plaza or similar
- In Shanghai: Wassim Hotel Zhoupu Pudong Shanghai or similar