This five-night tour starts in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. After an overnight stay, holidaymakers board a cruise liner to sail through the scenic River Yangtze. The four-night cruise will reveal more about Shibaozhai, the ‘Precious Stone Fortress’, and the beauty of the Three Gorges, while the optional excursions, including a tour to a local tribe and ancient temples, will give travellers an opportunity to gain more insight into the local culture.
- Day 1: Arrival to Chengdu and transfer to the hotel; leisure time for the rest of the day
- Day 2: Board high-speed train to Yichang and begin the picturesque four-night cruise down the waters of River Yangtze
- Day 3: Yangtze River Cruise: pass the Three Gorges Dam, opt for a tour to the tribe of the Three Gorges to learn more about their culture, take part in an optional excursion to the Three Gorges Project (world’s biggest hydropower project), and indulge in captain’s farewell dinner in the evening
- Day 4: Yangtze River Cruise: take an optional shore excursion to the scenic Shennong Stream which flows through the Mianzhu Gorge, Parrot Gorge and Longcangdong Gorge and is home to the Hanging Coffins containing the remains of the Tujia people; opt to visit White Emperor City, an ancient temple perched atop Baidi Mountain; enjoy crew’s performance in the evening
- Day 5: Yangtze River Cruise: opt for a tour to the hill of Shibaozhai, boasting a nine-story red pagoda, or take an optional excursion to the Fengdu Ghost City and see the temples on Ming Mountain; enjoy farewell dinner in the evening
- Day 6: Transfer from Chongqing to Chengdu for the flight back
See the full itinerary here.
Please note that optional excursions and evening entertainment are not included; for details, please enquire with the Travel Provider.