The Hotels: Paradise KohYao and Marina Express-Aviator-Phuket Airport
Groupies depart from Perth, Sydney, the Gold Coast or Melbourne and land in Phuket for the start of their tropical adventure. Retreaters can enjoy relaxing layovers lounging by the pool, dining at the restaurant or staying in and surfing the net. A short transfer from Phuket takes holidaymakers to the exotic island of Koh Yao Noi, where they can seal themselves off from civilisation in luxury at Paradise Koh Yao overlooking the scenic Phang Nga Bay.
The Marina Express-Aviator-Phuket Airport hotel can be found just a short distance from Phuket’s International Airport. As well as its convenient location for travellers, the hotel boasts all of the amenities necessary for a truly tropical getaway. Stroll to nearby Nai Yang Beach for a refreshing dip or spend the day at bustling Patong Beach - just an hour’s drive south. The hotel itself offers modern rooms with a tasteful aviation theme. Each room is air-conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen television and a balcony or patio.
The Paradise Koh Yao Noi Boutique Beach Resort and Spa is aptly named with spacious studios, suites and villas scattered over stunning landscaped grounds and a luxurious 400m private beachfront. Giant hammocks are strung between towering coconut palms and tamarind trees, along with day beds and sun lounges making for the perfect relaxing luxury holiday. Guests can make most of the leisure activities offered on site, opt for day trips to explore the Phang Nga’s attractions, or indulge in the aromatic flavours of Thai cuisine served at the hotel restaurant.
Standard Studio - Paradise Koh Yao
- Bed size/type: One king bed or one queen bed and one single bed
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Three Adults or Two Adults + Two Children
- Additional guests may stay in a Standard Studio (Paradise Koh Yao) for a surcharge of $55 for an extra adult or $35 for an extra child under 12 years old per night
- Studios boast satellite TV, air conditioning, bathroom facilities with toiletries, and garden views
Deluxe Room - Marina Express-Aviator-Phuket Airport
- Bed size/type: One king bed or two single beds
- Standard occupancy: Two people
- Maximum occupancy: Three Adults or Two Adults + One Children
- Surcharge of $25 for an extra person per night
- $25 per night for an extra child under 12 years old
- Rooms feature flat-screen TV, air conditioning, en suite bathroom with shower, and a private balcony
The Area: Phuket, Thailand
A melting pot of religions, experiences and of course international tourists, Phuket combines everything that can be expected of a tropical island destination and puts it all into overdrive. Idyllic beaches and lush forests are juxtaposed against the hectic energy of Patong, often referred to as the party capital of not just Thailand but the whole of Asia. Patong is the island’s beating heart, a city of frenetic energy and bright lights surrounded by the gracious curve of glittering Patong Beach. It is one of Thailand’s most famous beaches where everything from sun lounges to jet skis are available to hire, and locals offer on-the-spot hair braiding and massages.
The island of Koh Yao Noi is set on spectacular Phang Nga Bay, made famous in The Beach starring Leonardo DiCaprio, and the James Bond classic The Man with the Golden Gun. The island boasts a treasure trove of wildlife, both above and below the ocean surface; this boutique luxury resort is positioned on a crescent-shaped white sand beach set against a backdrop of emerald rainforest and dramatic limestone cliffs.