See Gounod’s captivating tragedy which follows a man who eternally sells his soul to the devil for temporary mortal pleasures
What You'll Get
- $69 for a D Reserve ticket
- $99 for a C Reserve ticket
- $160 for a B Reserve ticket
- $199 for an A Reserve ticket
This splendid opera features stunning sets that recreate iconic Paris landmarks, including a colourful Cabaret de l’Enfer, an opera box from the Palais Garnier and the organ loft of Notre-Dame. Behind all this is the resounding beauty of Gounod’s music, including the famous ‘Soldier’s Chorus’, the rousing ‘Le veau d’or’ and Marguerite’s beautful ‘Jewel Song’ Faust is grand opera at its very best, with a hefty dose of theatricality and wit from David McVicar, a director renowned for his nuances productions.
Faust makes an unusual deal with the devil’s representative, Méphistophélès, to exchange his soul for Earth’s mortal pleasures. Méphistophélès helps him seduce the innocent and lovely Marguerite whose life is ruined after giving birth to Faust’s illegitimate child. Faust realizes that his salvation tragically bonds him to everyone that he loves. Unfortunately, it might be too late to reverse the deal with Méphistophélès.
- Wednesday 27 November at 7 p.m.
- Friday 29 November at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday 3 December at 7 p.m.
- Thursday 5 December at 7 p.m.
The Fine Print
• Valid for date and category selected at time of purchase only; select your date carefully
• 7-day cooling-off period does not apply to this deal
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Show dates and time: 27 November - 5 December 2019 (7pm)
• Select preferred ticket type at time of purchase
• Buy your Groupon
• If you purchase your voucher within two weeks of the performance please collect ticket at box office
• If you purchase your voucher outside two weeks of the performance your ticket will be posted to you
• Ensure you enter correct address at checkout on Groupon website
• Present official Opera Australia ticket at venue - Groupon voucher or confirmation email will not be accepted
About Opera Australia
Opera Australia, Australia's largest arts company, presents hundreds of performances, operas and musicals around the country each year. Opera Australia also commissions new and original pieces, as well as classics from masters like Mozart, Bizet, and Puccini.