Asking a zookeeper to teach you how to tickle the ivories can result in awkward moments in the elephant enclosure. Learn the right lessons from the right people with today’s Groupon for National Photo Training College, 10 locations:
$79 for a full-day beginners DSLR course for one person ($169 value)
$129 for a full-day intermediate Lens, Light & Sunset DSLR course for one person ($259 value)
Point-and-click people new to the world of digital SLRs and photography sign up for the DSLR full-day introductory course and learn the fundamentals to improve shots, add depth to images and utilise a camera’s many functions. Also covering file capture quality, card hygiene, noise and basic composition, the course is designed for newbies who want to add greater sophistication to their images.
Intermediate photo enthusiasts opt for the one-day Lens, Light & Sunset course, brushing up on digital SLR skills with a focus on manual exposure. The course starts off with a three-and-a-half hour classroom session covering the nitty gritty of exposure, composition and lens choice, before applying the theory during a three-hour twilight shoot in an iconic city location.
Always check that you have charged batteries, and bring a clean, empty memory card with the camera and be sure to dress suitably for the weather and the environment of kneeling or sitting outdoors when taking a photo. A solid backpack or camera bag is recommended to carry all personal and camera accessories as lessons move between the classroom and the outdoor backdrop. Please note that some venues are in licensed premises and you may be required to provide photo ID to gain entry
National Photo Training College
A commitment to the nuts and bolts of the photographic arts, the National Photo Training College has been training professional and amateur photographers for more than two decades. Practical workshops, structured lessons and fun practice photo shoots helps turns happy snappers into picture pros.
- Best Western Hotel - 11 Antill Street, Queanbeyan ACT 2620
- Batman’s Hill on Collins - 623 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Northmead Bowling & Recreation Club - 166 Windsor Road, Northmead NSW 2152
- Watson Rd, Observatory Hill, The Rocks
- 310 Williams Rd Toorak VIC 3142
- St George Sailing Club - 2 Riverside Drive, Sans Souci NSW 2219
- Club Willoughby - 26 Crabbes Avenue, Willoughby NSW 2068
Lens, Light and Sunset DSLR Locations Exact venue details and meeting points will be emailed to customers with booking confirmation
- Canberra and Lake Burley, Canberra
- City and Docklands, Melbourne
- City and Observatory Hill, Sydney
- Willoughby and Milsons Point, Sydney