Relish in an elegant dinner of modern Australian dishes like a snapper and zesty quinoa, five-hour beef cheek or duck confit and sip on wine
Recent Positive Reviews
What You'll Get
$79 for a two-course meal with wine or beer for two people (total value up to $136)
- Starter each
- Main each
- Glass of wine or beer each
$158 for a two-course meal with wine or beer for four people (total value up to $272)
- Experience a modern take on classic Australian dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients
- Enjoy an entree like sticky BBQ pressed Riverina brisket, pulled lamb shoulder tart or scallop in half shell
- Indulge in a main like snapper with zesty quinoa, pomegranate, preserved lemon, five-hour beef cheek or duck confit with braised red cabbage, apple gel, pickled plum, baby apple
- Sip on a paired matching Australian wine
Menu items are subject to seasonal change.
The Fine Print
• Limit of 1 voucher per person
• Purchase up to 1 additional as a gift
• $5 surcharge for grill menu items applies, payable directly to the merchant
• Menu may be subject to change
• Check availability before purchase
• Standard fine print for all deals
How to Redeem
• Expiry: 60 days from purchase
• Purchase voucher and book online via https://www.groupon.com.au/reservations/
• If you received your voucher as a gift, sign in or register for a Groupon account then click on the 'Received a gift? Book Now' link in the top right
• Select date of booking and enter details
• You'll receive an email to confirm reservation details
• Present printed or smartphone voucher on arrival
• Download free Groupon app for Android and iOS
About Platform 818 @ Mercure Sydney CBD
Platform 818’s restaurant concept takes inspiration from its prime location, conveniently located opposite Sydney’s historic Central Station. When it first opened in 1855, Sydney’s Central Station was a simple wooden platform, nothing more than a corrugated iron shed. Platform 818 have taken some of this rustic inspiration for its own industrial interior and the menu draws on the fact that directly below the hotel lies the now unused original Goods Line Tunnel that connected Sydney Rail Yard and the Sydney-Parramatta railway line to the shipping port of Darling Harbour.
Even the produce served at Platform 818 Restaurant & Bar has a great story to tell, with hero items on the menu sourced from railway towns along the New South Wales goods line that once would have travelled into Sydney’s Central Station via the Goods Line Tunnel.
The restaurant’s signature drink is the highball cocktail, inspired by the practice of serving beverages in tall highball glasses on steam trains. Carefully crafted cocktails are fashioned by Platform 818’s resident Mixologist, using bespoke handcrafted local soda served with flavour-infused blocks of ice, beautifully decorated in highball glassware. With equally creative names, the favourites are sure to be Tokyo to Osaka, Platform 9¾, Gare De Grenoble and Spring Bluff Station. Not to miss is the inimitable whisky terrarium experience with bespoke crafted whisky tastefully paired with hand-crafted chocolate truffle.
Platform 818’s all-Australian wine list features the lesser known and the rising heroes, curated to highlight the diversity and complexity that is the world of Australian winemakers, producers and regional growers.