What You'll Get
Right now, the Australian Red Cross is supporting thousands of people in evacuation and recovery centres across the country. It takes a community to withstand a disaster. It takes all of us, pitching in together.
How You Can Support
The Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery fund will be raising funds to help Red Cross emergency teams continue to be there in the wake of these devastating fires, and other emergencies as they arise:
Welcoming people in evacuation centres and recovery hubs. Listening, comforting, making people’s wellbeing their number one priority.
Locating missing loved ones through Red Cross’ Register.Find.Reunite service.
Providing emergency grants to those who’ve lost their homes to fires this summer, to cover immediate and everyday expenses.
Staying long after the disaster has passed. 1:1 support as people recover, and resilience programs for the wider community.
Ongoing training, education and community outreach in preparation for the next disaster, be it here in Australia or further afield.
If you’d like to help raise some funds, click on the Buy button of this deal to be re-directed to the Australian Red Cross website where you can make a donation.
Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund
Your donation to Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery helps our emergency teams to do their work – including the bushfires and heatwaves we’re currently seeing and disasters yet to come.
It enables us to give people the support they need in disasters: whether that’s help to prepare, a safe place to take shelter, psychological first aid, information, and practical support through the months and even years it can take to recover. The vast majority of our team are volunteers. The Disaster Relief and Recovery fund covers their costs, including training, equipment and transport as well as the coordination effort to ensure our teams are where the community needs them to be.
Facts and Stats
- In the last six months, Red Cross teams have responded to 30 major emergencies (some of which have been going for up to six weeks).
- 1,590 of our trained staff and volunteers have supported more than 18,600 people in 69 evacuation and relief centres.
- Millions of hectares have been burnt, and thousands of homes and businesses have been destroyed.
- We are working with Government and the Australian Defence Force in specific instances to deliver water, food and other essential items to communities cut off by the fires.
Click on the Buy button of this deal to be re-directed to the Australian Red Cross website where you can make a donation.
The Fine Print
• Groupon Australia is fundraising on behalf of the Australian Red Cross Society and receives no funds for this deal
• All donations go directly to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery fund
• The Australian Red Cross Society, ABN 50 169 561 394, is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient and therefore gifts of two dollars or more to the Society in each State or Territory are tax-deductible for the donor (AU residents / donors only). For more information please contact us.
• The Australian Red Cross Society will issue tax-deductible receipts via email (AU residents / donors only)
• The Australian Red Cross Society is exempt from income tax as a not-for-profit organisation
• Standard fine print for all Groupon deals
How to Donate
• Click on the 'Buy' button to be re-directed to the Australian Red Cross website where you can make your donation (alternatively, just click here).
• As you are donating directly through the Australian Red Cross website you will not receive a Groupon voucher
• The Australian Red Cross Society will issue tax-deductible receipts via email