Hunter Valley, NSW: $1215 for Two Night Luxury Stay for up to 10 People Including Private Wine and Food Tasting with TV Wine Expert and Lots More at Kookaburra Hideaway at Kangaroo Creek Retreat ($2430 Value)
- Luxury private country house
- Stunning views and wildlife
- Four bathrooms, two with spas
- 60 vineyards within a ten-minute drive
- Learn about wine from an expert
- Two-night stay at Kookaburra Hideaway for up to ten people
- Daily gourmet breakfast basket including bubbly
- Six bottles of Travertine wine
- Private in-house wine appreciation, food matching class and tasting with TV wine expert Andrew Grubb
- Late 1pm checkout
- 10% off wine tour including lunch with Wine & Grubb Tastebud Adventure Tours
- Purchase unlimited vouchers
- Valid Mon-Thurs only
- Subject to availability
- Changes after booking are at the discretion of the property and charges may apply
- Kangaroo Creek Retreat abides by the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) regulations and has the right to enforce them
- Ages 18+ for alcohol consumption
- Flights/transport not included
- Any unused portion of the package cannot be refunded or exchanged
- Bedding configuration: 3 king bedrooms (2 can be split kings), 1 sofa bed, and 1 room with 2 double beds
- Charges may apply for splitting king beds
- Package is non-refundable once booking has been made with property
- See the rules that apply to all deals
How to Redeem
- Valid from: 27.07.2012
- Valid to: 19.07.2013
- Must book by: 27.10.2012
- Phone to book: 0417 680 663
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State voucher codes
- Present printed voucher
One of Australia's premier wine-growing regions, the Hunter Valley is nestled into picturesque countryside where rolling vineyards are surrounded by native bush and farmland. Scattered among the vines are many decadent restaurants and chic cafes, while away from the urban centres, kangaroos bound joyfully through the bush.
Take an indulgent break with today’s Groupon for Kookaburra Hideaway at Kangaroo Creek Retreat:
• $1215 for a two-night midweek stay for up to ten people ($2430 value)
In the Kookaburra Hideaway with a daily gourmet breakfast basket including bubbly, six bottles of Travertine wine, private in-house wine appreciation, food matching class and tasting with TV wine expert Andrew Grubb, late 1pm checkout, and 10% off wine tour including lunch with Wine & Grubb Tastebud Adventure Tours
The Kookaburra Hideaway at Kangaroo Creek Retreat at Kangaroo Creek Retreat is a luxurious architect-designed private home overlooking the spectacular Brokenback Mountains. The spacious abode features four double bedrooms with a range of bedding configurations, as well as four en suite bathrooms, two of which have decadent spa baths. Groupies roam around a fully-equipped kitchen, huge lounge area, and verandahs complete with BBQs and magnificent views, while a breakfast hamper with sparkling wine gets each day off to a good start. A further six bottles of Travertine wine are perfect for enjoying as the sun goes down, perhaps while savouring local cheese and watching kangaroos hop through the vineyards. Late 1pm checkout is included in this deal.
Wine lovers relish a private master class with TV expert Andrew Grubb, who brings his considerable wine knowledge to the house for a night of fun and fine food. The session includes a wine appreciation and food matching class, accompanied by a delicious tasting session to set mouths watering. Peeps keen for more enjoy 10% off a Wine & Grubb day tour with lunch. For something different, try horse riding, hot air ballooning, or take a stroll through the beautiful Hunter Valley Gardens.
Kookaburra Hideaway at Kangaroo Creek Retreat has a tranquil bushland setting in Pokolbin, right in the heart of the Hunter. There are over 60 wineries within a ten-minute drive, including the acclaimed Bimbadgen Estate and Hope Estate. There are also a number of great golf courses and day spas within easy reach, particularly at the Vintage Club. For snacks and meals at the house, stock up on gourmet goodies at Tempus Two which is home to providores including the Smelly Cheese Shop.
What a fabulous property. Our Wedding was fantastic and having such a large, spacious house for us to prepare and relax in was a bonus... Definitely the has the WOW factor... Thanks for a great stay and making it all so perfect for us...
– Paul and Jenny, May 2010
A convenient house in a beautiful setting. We loved the view, enjoyed playing golf and watched the local kangaroos coming by every day! A very relaxing, true Aussie place to stay!
– Harriet, August 2010