Travel back in time while seeing the major sights on a horse-drawn carriage through the heart of Melbourne. Horse and cart was once the only means of transport in this cosmopolitan city, and today provides the perfect leisurely pace for taking in all that Melbourne has to offer.
Dressed in traditional attire, our friendly coach drivers and prestigious carriages await you at Federation Square. Our tours run from early afternoon until well into the evening. Perfect for a special occasion or just for something different, you will not be disappointed by the simple beauty of this mode of transport.
We guarantee your total satisfaction with our 30 years of experience and as a recipient of a Lord Mayor's Commendation for the City of Melbourne. See below for more information, including sights on the itinerary, booking and contact information.
About This Deal
On this one-hour tour, we will take you to the major sights of Melbourne, including historical buildings, tree-lined boulevards and gardens. Your itinerary will include the following sights:
• Historic Princess Bridge over the Yarra River
• Victorian Arts Centre
• Queen Victoria Gardens, including the Giant Floral Clock
• Walker Fountain
• King Domain Gardens
• Shrine of Remembrance
• Treasury building and gardens
• Historic Collins Street shopping precinct
• Trendy Flinders Lane with its many notable buildings
Tours depart from and finish at Federation Square opposite Flinders Street Station. Carriages are available for tours on Thursday to Monday and are able to fit a maximum of 6 passengers.
Our driver will take a photo of you in our carriage at the start or end of the tour. There will also be lots of opportunities for you to take photos throughout your tour.
You will be seated in a comfortable cushioned carriage with a throw provided if you feel cold. Our carriages are designed to operate in both sunny and rainy conditions. With the soft top hood, they can be opened and closed as you desire.
Your driver and our amazing crew of friendly horses will make this scenic tour around Melbourne CBD a truly unforgettable experience. Book now and experience the world's most liveable city in style.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour is priced per carriage
- Carriages seat a maximum of 6 people
- Please arrive on or before your scheduled tour start time. If you are late, the length of your tour cannot be extended past the scheduled finish time due to other tour bookings. If you wish to change your booking time, you may do so at least 24 hours in advance of your tour by contacting us via telephone or email.
- All tours are subject to weather. In the event of inclement weather (e.g. storms or high winds), we will try to contact you via the information provided. You can also call us to confirm your reservation.
- Dog friendly (we love them, but please keep them off the seats)
- If you would like to be picked up or dropped off at another location in the CBD, this can be organised directly with the driver, however an additional cost is required and will have to be paid on the day. Please contact the operator for more information.
- Booking Information
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Once received, please print the voucher and present on day of the tour.
- Tour departure location and operator contact details are included on your tour voucher.
- Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Tour price does not include hotel pickup or/and drop-off. This option is available on request for a $60 fee (cash only), which will be charged at the time of pick up. This option is only available within the Melbourne Central Business District (CBD). Please specify your request for hotel pick up/drop off in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking, including the name of your hotel.
- Commentary is not included in this tour as we would like our customers to relax and enjoy the scenery and atmosphere. However we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have during your ride.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Melbourne Horse & Carriage Tours by A Classic Carriage Hire™ in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.