Internationally acclaimed artist Bruce Munro’s Field of Light, inspired by a trip to Uluru 24-years ago, has been installed in a remote desert area within sight of majestic Uluru.
In the quiet of pre-dawn, this once in a lifetime experience will be etched in your mind forever. Arrive at Field of Light while the earth is still blanketed in darkness and wander through the field of 50,000 glowing spheres of colour while Desert Oaks seemingly appear from nowhere as the dawn light creeps above the horizon. You’ll eventually make your way to the top of an ancient sand dune where you’ll see the first rays of sunrise set the desert sky alight, flooding the landscape with warm light while you enjoy tea, coffee and hot chocolate with stunning views of Uluru.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Field of Light, Ayers Rock, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory Australia
• Depart the resort in total darkness for the short drive to Bruce Munro’s renowned Field of Light installation
• Take it all in from a private dune-top as your host provides details of the artist and his incredible undertaking
• Wander through the paths surrounding the 50,000 hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light, in colours of ochre, deep violet, blue and gentle white
• Why not find a quiet corner, covered under a blanket of stars, to immerse yourself in the silence?
• Return to the dune-top, where you'll be served a warming tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Watch as the dawn creeps across the desert plain and lights up Uluru – don’t forget to look out for Kata Tjuta behind you!
Return to the resort in time for breakfast, all flight transfers or further activities.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress for all weather conditions, the outback can be quite cold prior to the sunrise
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Guests that require a wheelchair are welcome on our tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle. Wheelchairs will be stored under the vehicle whilst in transit. If travelling with a wheelchair, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure your wheelchair can be accommodated.
- Prams and strollers are not permitted at the Field of Light exhibition site.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate at the sunrise viewing area
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Travel in a luxury air-conditioned coach with wifi and in-seat usb ports
- Entry to the Field of Light art installation
- Entry/Admission - Field of Light
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Prior to Sunrise
Please confirm your exact pickup time with your local operator - AAT Kings
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.