Enjoy a magical morning walking around the base of Uluru, watching the first sunlight of the day creep across the desert plains, slowly changing the color of your surroundings. This walk is 6.5-miles (11-kilometers) in length.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uluru Rd, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
Travel to Kuniya Piti at the base of Uluru, a sacred site for the Anangu, to begin your 10½ kms sunrise walk. Learn the sacred Tjukurpa (creation) story of the Mala people. Visit the tallest waterfall in Central Australia at Kantju Gorge and hear the Tjukurpa story of the cheeky Blue-tongue Lizard. View ancient rock art and hear the story of Kuniya and Liru at the Mutitjulu Waterhole. Then, return to Kuniya Piti and receive a souvenir certificate celebrating completion of the Uluru Base Walk!
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A good level of fitness is required for this tour.
- We'll supply drinking water, all you need to do is bring your water bottles
- Minimum 1.5 litres of water required to participate in the walk
- Comfortable walking shoes are a must! Open shoes not recommended
- Tour commences 1 hour prior to sunrise, as such tour start start time with vary depending on time of year
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Light breakfast including cereal, fruit and muffin
- Experienced Local Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Super comfortable luxury coach including: free wifi, in-seat USB, air conditioning
- Tea, coffee or hot chocolate & biscuits
- Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Fees
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
1.5 Hours prior to sunrise
4 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.