This Ayers Rock combo is designed with the flexibility to put together your own itinerary. As the National Park Tickets are valid for 3 days you have this time at leisure to enjoy 2 half day tours: the Uluru Base & Sunset tour and the Uluru Sunrise & Kata Tjuta tour. There is also the option to include an Aussie Barbecue Dinner (additional expense) under the stars at the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre or a day tour to Kings Canyon to complete the spectacular rim walk.
What You'll Get
Day 1 Afternoon – Uluru Base & Sunset
Travel around the base of Uluru in comfort as your Driver Guide provides commentary about the numerous sacred sites and features to be found at Uluru. Continue by coach to the Kuniya Walk where your Driver Guide will escort you to the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole. View Aboriginal rock paintings and learn about the area as your Driver Guide points out some native flora and explains the Aboriginal and European history of Uluru. Later visit the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre, where you can learn about Aboriginal culture and see Aboriginal arts and crafts. In the late afternoon travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Witness the striking color changes of Uluru at sunset while enjoying nibbles and a complimentary glass of wine.
Day 2 Morning - Uluru Sunrise & Kata Tjuta
Rise early to travel to the Uluru sunrise viewing area. Watch the first rays of the sun set the Red Centre alight while enjoying a warming cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Travel to the mystical 36 domes of Kata Tjuta. On the way enjoy panoramic views of the southern side of Kata Tjuta before arriving at the base of Walpa Gorge. Spend some time exploring the gorge and the unusual conglomerate rock formations. The walking trail through Walpa Gorge follows the natural creek between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta.
Optional Aussie Barbecue Dinner (D)
After your sunset tour, you will be transferred to the exclusive barbecue site within the Uluru National Park, adjacent to Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre set amongst red sand dunes and desert oak trees providing a peaceful desert setting. Enjoy a variety of Australian meats and salads, accompanied by a glass of wine, beer or orange juice (menus are subject to change). After dinner, tea, coffee and dessert will be served and your guide will conduct a tour of the night sky, describing and pointing out some of the visible constellations with the assistance of a high beam spotlight (weather permitting). The guide will also explain some Aboriginal stories that relate to the stars before you return to Ayers Rock Resort.
Optional Kings Canyon Day Tour (B)
Travel from Ayers Rock Resort to Kings Canyon, stopping for breakfast at Kings Creek Station along the way. Make the rocky climb to the rim of the canyon for marvelous views of Watarrka National Park. Follow the rim of the canyon stopping to look down into the canyon gorge at look-out points. You may choose to descend into the green oasis of the 'Garden of Eden'. The circuit walk takes approximately 3-hours to complete and is rocky and steep in parts. It is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Alternatively, you may wish to take an easier, shorter walk to explore the boulder strewn canyon floor. After lunch (own expense), return to Ayers Rock Resort.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If booking the Aussie Barbecue Dinner upgrade, this must be done in combination with the Uluru Base & Sunset tour.
- The Kings Canyon optional tour is a full day trip, and will be automatically booked for the day after your Ayers Rock touring is completed. Should you wish to book this on alternative day, please contact the local operator to amend your booking
- Day 1
- Afternoon – Uluru Base & Sunset
- Departure time: 1430 (Apr-Oct) & 1500 (Nov-Mar)
- Flights to arrive prior to 1330
- Return time: 30 minutes after sunset
- Departure time: 1.5 hours prior to sunrise
- Return time: 1100 - 1130
- Flights to depart: 12:30pm (Oct-Mar) & 1:00pm (Apr-Sep)
- Return time: 2.5 hours after sunset
- Departure time: 0445 (Apr-Sep) & 0400 (Oct-Mar)
- Return time: 1730 (Apr-Sep) & 1700 (Oct-Mar)
- No flights to arrive or depart on this day of touring
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
You will be returned to your original pickup location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.