This Ayers Rock combo is designed with the flexibility to put together your own itinerary. As the National Park Tickets are valid for 3 days you have this time at leisure to enjoy 4 half day tours: Uluru Sunrise & Guided Base Walk, Kata Tjuta Sunrise and Valley of the Winds, Kata Tjuta Sunset and Uluru Sunset. There is also the option to include an Aussie Barbecue Dinner (additional expense) under the stars at the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre or a day tour to Kings Canyon to complete the spectacular rim walk.
About This Deal
Day 1 Morning – Sunrise Kata Tjuta & Valley of the Winds (B)
Travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) where your Guide will explain the geological history of the area. Watch the sunrise over Kata Tjuta with Uluru in the distance, light breakfast included. Your Guide will then escort you on a 2-3-hour walk to the Valley of the Winds lookout.
Day 1 Afternoon - Kata Tjuta Sunset
Enjoy a leisurely drive out to Kata Tjuta for an amazing sunset experiences in Central Australia. Marvel at the unique flora and admire the view of the central valley while you take in a magnificent outback sunset with gourmet canapés and Australian wine.
Day 2 Morning - Uluru Sunrise Base Walk (B)
Rise early to travel to the Uluru sunrise viewing area, Talinguru Nyakunytjaku, to watch the first rays of the sun set Uluru and the Red Centre alight. After sunrise, accompany your guide to commence your Base Walk of Uluru. Walk from Kuniya Piti, an Uluru sacred site and hear the Tjukurpa (beliefs and law of local aboriginal people) story of the Mala Men. Next up is the Mala Walk, where after rainfall, water can cascade over the side of Uluru and plunge some 90-metres. Continue on along the Lungkata Walk where your guide will tell you the Tjukurpa story of the cheeky Blue Tongue Lizard! Your guide will indicate the natural features of the landscape, Aboriginal rock paintings and relay more traditional stories relating to this special place. The Mutitjulu waterhole was once an important water source for the Anangu people. Complete the last section of the base walk then board your coach back into town and receive a certificate of your achievement!
Day 2 Afternoon - Uluru Sunset
Enjoy nibbles and a complimentary glass of wine as the sun sinks over the western horizon and the evening sky brings out the many shades of color for which Uluru is famous.
Optional Aussie Barbecue Dinner (D)
After your sunset tour, you will be transferred to the exclusive barbecue site within the Uluru National Park, adjacent to Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre. Enjoy a variety of Australian meats and salads, accompanied by a glass of wine, beer or orange juice (subject to change). After dinner, tea, coffee and dessert will be served and your guide will conduct a tour of the night sky, describing and pointing out some of the visible constellations with the assistance of a high beam spotlight (weather permitting).
Optional Kings Canyon Day Tour (B)
Travel to Kings Canyon, stopping for breakfast at Kings Creek Station. Make the rocky climb to the rim of the canyon for marvelous views of Watarrka National Park. Follow the rim of the canyon stopping to look down into the canyon gorge at look-out points. The walk takes approximately 3-hours to complete and is rocky and steep in parts.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If booking the Aussie Barbecue Dinner upgrade, this must be done in combination with the Uluru Sunset tour.
- The Kings Canyon optional tour is a full day trip, and will be automatically booked for the day after your Ayers Rock touring is completed. Should you wish to book this on alternative day, please contact the local operator to amend your booking.
- Departure time: 1.5 hours prior to sunrise
- Return time: 1130 – 1230
- Flights to depart after 1330
- Departure time: 1.5 hours prior to sunset
- Flights to arrive prior to 1500
- Return time: 1 hour after sunset
- Departure time: 1.5 Hours prior to sunrise
- Return time: 1300
- Flights to depart after 1240
- Departure time: 1.25hrs prior to sunset
- Flights to arrive prior to 1500
- Return time: 30 minutes after sunset
- Return time: 2.5 hours after sunset
- Departure time: 0445 (Apr-Sep) & 0400 (Oct-Mar)
- Return time: 1730 (Apr-Sep) & 1700 (Oct-Mar)
- No flights to arrive or depart on this day of touring
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
You will be returned to your original pickup location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.