From Kings Canyon Resort, join a guide on a rocky climb to the rim of Kings Canyon for superb views of Watarrka National Park. The walk takes up to three hours and requires a good level of fitness, but you'll be rewarded with a panorama of sandstone cliffs and other landscapes of Australia's Red Centre. If you prefer something easier, a creek bed walk is offered as an alternative.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Watarrka National Park, Via Luritja Road Or Via Larapinta Drive, Northern Territory Australia
In the heart of Watarrka National Park, Kings Canyon lies in an ancient Australian landscape that is sacred ground for the Ulpanyali and Lilla indigenous people. With your guide, make the rocky trek up to the rim of the canyon for marvelous views over the park.
For those who do not wish to do the rim walk, the boulder-strewn creek bed is an easier, shady walk following the trail between the two sheer walls of the canyon. The creek bed is ideal if you’re interested in something more relaxing. After taking in the sights, set off on a 1.2-mile (2-km) stroll along the creek bed, with views of the canyon rim.
Stop At: Kings Canyon, Watarrka National Park Via Luritja Road Or Larapinta Drive, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
During the 3.7-mile (6-km) journey, you'll climb up a 328-foot (100-meter) cliff face and walk around the canyon rim. Be wowed by the scenery of sandstone walls, grottos, chasms, and cliffs, and look deep down between the cliffs where sits the Garden of Eden, a natural waterhole surrounded by vegetation such as gum trees, bonsai-style trees, and enormous prehistoric ferns, creating a bit of green amid the red environment.
Please note: During the hotter months of the year when temperatures can reach and exceed 97° F (36° C), the Watarrka National Park rangers strongly advise that visitors do not take part in the Kings Canyon rim climb. In this drier desert climate, heat exhaustion in the hotter months is a very high possibility and a danger in such remote regions. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, a guided walk along the Kings Canyon creek bed is offered as an alternative.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for children 8 and under
- A considerable amount of walking is involved in this tour, so please make sure to wear sturdy footwear
- Please ensure you have a minimum of 3 liters of water for your walk
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 58 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Watarrka National Park
- Entry/Admission - Kings Canyon
- Food and drinks
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.