Step back in time and experience the Australian gold Rush era. Explore the wonders of Ballarat as well as Sovereign Hill, a replica of an old gold-mining town, where you can tour the underground mines, ride a stagecoach and pan for gold! An optional addition to your tour is a visit to the Ballarat Wildlife Park where you can get up close and personal with the creatures of the Australian bush, and, if you dare, a crocodile at feeding time! Take a chance on striking gold.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sovereign Hill, Bradshaw Street, Ballarat, Victoria 3350 Australia
Today you’ll step back in time to the era of the Victorian gold rush. Sit back and relax with entertainment introducing you to Sovereign Hill, a wonderful outdoor museum exhibiting in ‘real life’ the story of Australia’s gold rush history. You’ll be entertained by performances illustrating the exciting and colourful life on the gold fields
• Visit some operational workshops and witness demonstrations of blacksmithing, wheelwrighting, gold pouring, candle making and many more.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ballarat Wildlife Park, 250 Fussell St, Ballarat, Victoria 3350 Australia
OPTIONAL: Visit the Ballarat Wildlife Park, where you’ll see a unique selection of wildlife in their natural habitats. You’ll see saltwater and freshwater crocodiles, Tasmanian Devils, kangaroos, koalas, echidnas and so many more. You can wander through the park taking in the many exhibits, join guided tours and participate in interactive shows. Feeding times can be a lot of fun – particularly with the crocs!
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry to Sovereign Hill, an open air museum set in the 1850s!
- Entry to Ballarat Wildlife Park (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Sovereign Hill
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Ballarat Wildlife Park
Tour departs from selected Melbourne hotels
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.