See penguins, koalas and kangaroos on a day trip to Phillip Island, Melbourne's wildlife wonderland and holiday island. Visit a wildlife park to see some koalas and kangaroos, then watch sea birds and fur seals in the rocky formation known as the Nobbies. At sunset, take your place at Summerland Beach to enjoy the nightly Penguin Parade, as cute little penguins waddle up the beach to their burrows after a day spent fishing at sea. To enhance your Penguin Parade experience, choose from a range of upgrade options: view the penguins from an exclusive viewing platform with Penguin Plus, interact with rangers and watch the parade from the exclusive Skybox, or choose the Ultimate Penguin Parade and enjoy a specially guided small-group tour at a secluded beach location.
Note: Nobbies viewing is seasonal and dependent on daylight hours
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maru Koala and Animal Park, 1650 Bass Hwy, Grantville, Victoria 3984 Australia
Visit Maru Koala & Animal Park, an award-winning family ran park exhibiting some of Australia's most iconic animals including Koalas, Kangaroos and Tasmanian Devils. Listen to one of the regular talks to learn more about the animals and their rehabilitation program.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Nobbies Centre, 1320 Ventnor Rd, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
The Nobbies Centre is an ecotourism destination surrounded by boardwalks which overlook Seal Rocks, the Nobbies, and the Blowhole. View the spectacular coastal scenery abundant in marine life.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cowes Beach, The Esplanade, Cowes, Phillip Island, Victoria Australia
Cowes is the main town on Phillip Island. Enjoy a dinner stop here (own expense) in the summertime. In the winter season due to the sun setting earlier, this stop is not part of the itinerary.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade, 1019 Ventnor Rd Summerlannds Estate, Summerlands, Phillip Island, Victoria 3922 Australia
Explore the educational Phillip Island's Penguin Parade Visitor Centre, learning about the Little Penguins. Afterwards, head down to Summerland Beach to witness penguin magic. As the sun sets, watch the wild Little Penguins emerge from the sea after a hard day's fishing and waddle across the sand to their dune burrows. See the Little Penguins up close as they return to their nests to greet their young families. Consider upgrading to one of the premium viewing options (see options). In the winter season, longer time will be spent here due to the sun setting earlier and not stopping in Cowes.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 16 are not permitted on skybox tour
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the Ranger Guided Tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Guests that require a wheelchair are welcome on our tours providing they are accompanied by an able-bodied companion and do not require special assistance from the supplier to embark and disembark the vehicle. Wheelchairs will be stored under the vehicle whilst in transit. If travelling with a wheelchair, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure your wheelchair can be accommodated. no access to upgrades to Guided Ranger or Skybox at Phillip Island Nature Parks, Penguins Underground is the recommended upgrade.
- If travelling with an infant that requires a stroller, you must contact the supplier at least 72hrs prior to departure to ensure the can be accommodated.
- Please note photography or filming is prohibited at the Penguin Parade. Penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate a penguin.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Pickup from select Melbourne hotels. Pick up locations appear in a drop down box at time of booking
- Entry to Maru Koala and Animal Park
- Ticket for general viewing platform (Penguin Parade) unless upgrade selected
- Super comfortable luxury vehicle including: free wifi, in seat USB and air conditioning
- Learn all about the spectacular Phillip Island with your expert local guide
- Entry/Admission - Maru Koala and Animal Park
- Entry/Admission - Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade
- Food and drinks
- Selected hotel drop off
9 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the AAT Kings in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.