As the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere, MOUA will act to highlight reef conservation, restoration, and education on a global scale. The site located on John Brewer Reef is rich in history, with a strong connection to our indigenous culture and marine tourism.
The Coral Greenhouse – first submerged building design by world-class artist Jason deCaires Taylor is is a bucket list trip no one should miss! The greenhouse, which many people think of as glass walls filled with fruit or flowers instead boasts a beautiful mix of art and science. Trees, life-like sculptures, and coral gardens make this staggering 72m structure a wonderland for divers.
With plenty of reef nearby to explore and depths ranging from 1 to 20 metres, it is ideal for snorkelers, beginner and experienced divers. On the reef, schools of bait fish are common as well as an abundance of colourful reef fish. Turtles, Stingrays, White and Black tip reef sharks are often sighted.
About This Deal
Discover a world below the surface and hear the reef’s greatest stories. Be inspired by the wonder of the Museum of Underwater Art (MOUA). Our friendly and professional crew welcomes you at the meeting point to check you in, get your rental gear sorted. During the travel to the reef, you can relax in shaded or sunny spots on the vessel.
Just before we reach the reef it is time for our in-water briefings. You will explore some of the best spots on the reef while snorkeling or scuba diving. During the surface interval we listen to the reef talk of our passionate guides.
The key reason we take you to this dive location is to explore MOUA, the first of its kind in the Southern hemisphere. MOUA is located on John Brewer Reef which is rich in history, with a strong connection to our indigenous culture and marine tourism. Surrounding the Museum of Underwater Art is an amazing coral reef bursting with a plethora of marine life.
Once back on board we pack up and leave this little paradise behind to head back to shore. Back at shore the crew will wave goodbye while you take everlasting memories and images home with you.
• Great Barrier Reef, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear your swimwear and bring a towel, hat, sunscreen and camera
- Certified divers must present proof of certification to crew on board on the day
- Heights, weights and shoe sizes MUST be advised at time of booking
- Introductory divers are required to fill out a basic medical form on board prior to their dive. Some existing medical conditions may not allow you to dive
- Minimum age is 6 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- All snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and full length suit)
- Learning about the reef eco system
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Full day trip to the Central Section of the Great Barrier Reef and MOUA
- Demonstrations and instructions on snorkeling techniques
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Breakwater Marina, 26 Mariners Drive, The Strand, Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adrenalin Snorkel and Dive in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.