This popular 11-hour Port Arthur day trip showcases fascinating Tasmanian history, the natural attractions of the Tasman Peninsula, and Tasmania’s unique wilderness. Port Arthur Historic Site has been awarded Tasmania’s best Major Tourism Attraction for the fourth consecutive year. Furthermore, the World Heritage listed site was also named Tasmania’s best Cultural and Heritage tourism attraction for the third year in succession. It is an absolute must for anyone visiting Tasmania.
What You'll Get
Spend the morning strolling around Richmond Colonial Village, Australia's most historic town. Admire its beautiful Georgian buildings and see the oldest bridge in Australia.
At the Tasman Peninsula, take in sweeping ocean views and magnificent coastlines from Pirates Bay Lookout before heading to pristine Eaglehawk Neck. Breathe the salt air as you take a walk on beautiful Egg Beach. Learn about notorious convicts, and experience the Dogline as you stand where they stood.
Explore Tasman Arch and Devils Kitchen, stunning natural attractions rich in native flora and fauna before arriving at the famous Port Arthur Historic Site. At Port Arthur, visit over 30 historic buildings, take a harbor cruise and walking tour to enhance the experience, and check out the popular museum and theater.
Before returning to Hobart, visit the stunning Remarkable Cave and see panoramic views from Maingon Bay lookout. The lookout is one of the best places to see whales cavorting in the ocean!
Enjoy our brand new convict DVD storyteller with carefully crafted stories, old pictures, and moving images as you travel between destinations. Hear the stories of Tasmanian convicts and learn how they truly lived. On the way home, sit back and enjoy our Tasmanian Devil documentary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Food and drinks
Hobart CBD Hotels
You will be returned to your original pickup location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure Island Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.